Align is expanding global DevOps team in Moscow to compliment San Jose, CA team in creating the next generation of our cloud platform infrastructure. This fun and highly technical team is responsible for making various applications throughout the company work reliably and release quickly. Most of the new applications are already running on AWS, and we’ve got some that we need to transition. We use automation a lot to improve processes of software delivery and make development teams self-sufficient.
A few more facts about the team
- 3 locations: 5 ppl in San Jose, CA, 5 ppl in Moscow, Russia. Open positions in Raleigh, NC and Moscow.
- Chef is used for both configuration management and deployments
- AWS, VMware - Infrastructure. Adopting Docker right now.
- Ruby, Python, Bash - internal apps and tools
- Nagios, Zabbix, Ganglia, New Relic: monitoring
- LogStash/ELK: centralized logging
- 30% Windows, 70% Enterprise Linux
This chief engineer role will need to keep up to date with all modern technologies in the field of cloud infrastructure operations and release engineering (often referred to as “devops”).
That skill set will be applied across the following activities:
- Architecting and developing docker-based infrastructure.
- Take ownership over processes to host global microservices and medical data storage systems in AWS.
- Automating application deployment, packaging and other aspects of release lifecycle.
- Participating in environment management and operations activities, including automating dynamic environment creation in AWS procedures
- Augmenting development teams and help with design and implementation of infrastructure assets using AWS services, OSS systems and platforms.
We're looking for
- Self-contained specialist to run personal projects
- 3+ years experience working in a cloud environment as software or operations engineer (AWS preferred)
- 3+ years experience working on sysadmin level with Linux.
- 2+ years experience working on leading cross-functional projects.
- Strong skills in one or more programming languages. Ruby, Python, Java, Groovy, Go.
- Experience working in Agile environment and practicing XP and Continuous Integration techniques
- Experience working with configuration management frameworks (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with container-based technologies, particularly Docker.
- Familiarity with modern technologies and ability to learn fast
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- English skills: intermediate+
- Competitive salary
- Development possibilities
- Free language classes
- Excellent social package
- Voluntary medical insurance
- Lunch subsidies (breakfasts and lunch)
- Support of employees with children
- Flexible Working Hours (11:00-19:45)
Please send your resume to