FoxCommerce is seeking a Senior Engineer with the hunger to be more than just a cog in a giant machine. This is the perfect role for a technical leader that cares deeply about their craft. You’ll be a good fit if you want to contribute to a platform by writing excellent code, planning the architecture, mentoring junior engineers, and working to continually improve our approach to software development.
We're a fast-growing business that has an alpha product live in market earning revenue, and our customers LOVE IT. We sold our product before we built it. We bootstrapped for more than a year, and were cashflow-positive before we raised any outside capital. Almost everyone in the company writes code. Our founders have done this before. They've built real companies with $200M+ in revenue and more than 400 employees.
We’re a full-stack startup. We’re doing for eCommerce companies what Apple did for music; integrating a series of disparate experiences into one that’s a pleasure to use. We’re a polyglot organization and we believe in using the right tool for the job.
Our stack today includes Scala, GoLang, and React.js.
What we're looking for
You're the right person for us if you strike a balance between pragmatism and pushing the envelope. You want to be part of a small, high-performance organization in a rapidly growing company and market. You want to build something people will use. You care as much about going fast as you do about doing it right. You want friendly teammates who aren't dogmatic.
- Writing excellent code on our core platform product
- Contributing to key architectural decisions
- Actively pair-programming with teammates when they need help
- Drive formal and informal code reviews
- Adopting best-practices in code structure and tool chain within the company
- Deep experience (5+ years) building production applications using a modern language such as
- You have an active interest in high-scale distributed systems
- You're addicted to building performant applications
- You have an eye toward security
- Experience and exposure to DevOps is a plus: containerization, consensus-building, and self-scaling systems
- Exposure to functional programming and modern concurrency primitives is a plus
We are looking for someone full-time to help us grow our product and team. We currently have a distributed team located in Russia, Ukraine and the US.