Overview of the Role
We are looking for a great senior python engineer to join our engineering team. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- Develop, test, and maintain robust, scalable, high-quality software.
- Write highly organized, maintainable code.
- Solve difficult problems while continuously learning and improving.
- Implement security and data protection.
- Design and implement storage solutions.
- Provide guidance to more junior engineers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive Python knowledge.
- Experience with Django.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Have a working schedule that makes you available during the morning Pacific Time.
- Comfortable working remotely
- Good understanding of software architecture, especially RESTful design
Nice to have
- Past experience creating REST APIs.
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Familiarity with blue-green deployments, canary releases, feature toggles and other modern deployment techniques.
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Setup and administration of backups.
- Experience working in a distributed team
- Experience with Scrum or other agile development process.