Back-end Developer (Ruby on Rails)
Местоположение и тип занятости
As a Back-end Developer at Innovative Travel, you will help to develop and improve the Ads Manager, our internal application for creating and managing top-quality online marketing campaigns, scaling it up to deal with hundreds of millions of items.
What you will really be doing
- Research, find and develop amazing solutions for our Rails app, focusing on performance
- Work with a distributed infrastructure (and help maintain it)
- Share with the team the latest tech talks you saw and articles you read, and think about their possible value for us
How will you be doing this
- You are a great developer with a sense of pragmatism, not afraid to code your way out of a challenge
- You prioritise your own work together with your team and product owner, eager to be involved in all aspects of product development
- You strive to write clean solutions and performant code, because you know speed is a feature and clean code is its sibling
- You choose and recommend the right tools for whatever job will be thrown at you. Choices that were made in the past are not rules.
- You will work in a motivated team to meet ambitious deadlines. There is always a budget for good ideas.
- Experience is your guru, your gut feeling isn't. To measure is to know.
What we have worked on last quarter
- Campaign Builder - A specially tailored RoR application which can generate search marketing campaigns in huge scale and high quality. It’s ready to help us scale to new heights.
- Scalable Infrastructure - A completely new infrastructure for better performance and scalability for our internal applications. We ain’t afraid of growth!