Senior Ruby Developer
Местоположение и тип занятости
About the client:
We are a rapidly growing company that has expanded from a small team to a large group of 250 experts. Today we’re still growing and offering our services to customers worldwide. Our main mission is to connect guests and hotels from all the corners of the world and make sure that those private accommodations that we find come to liking of our customers and fit their budget. No matter what country you’d like to go, Majorca, London, New York, etc. we will definitely have a nice offer exactly for you. But our services don’t end here. We allow customers to rent their own places and stay in the chosen country so that they can save a lot of time and come to the destination right away.
- Work on overall improvements of our Rails-based marketplace;
- Develop user-friendly features;
- Closely collaborate with other team members to ensure great results;
- Contribute to success of the company.
- At least 4 years of proven experience with Rails and Ruby;
- In-depth knowledge of TDD (RSpec is highly desired);
- It’s desired if you know how to break a Rails monolith apart into microservices;
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Knowledge of the following databases - MySQL, Redis, Memcache, Sidekick and ElasticSearch;
- Understanding of SOA;
- Ability to break the services into microservices;
- Knowledge of JSON and REST APIs;
- Knowledge of the scripts - RequireJS, Backbone, Jasmine, Sass/Compass, CoffeeScript, Haml;
- Understand how Capistrano software works and deploy web apps;
The company is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, one of the biggest business and tech centers in Europe. If you’re bored of simple and easy-going life, but crave for active lifestyle with good career opportunities, Berlin is the city where your dreams will definitely come true. Within the last few years, Berlin has become the third most-visited city in Europe. The rail lines connect Berlin with most major European cities so that you can easily travel across Europe and enjoy new sightseeing.