As a Software Engineer on the Bookmate Growth Team, you’ll have a huge impact on how we design, build and deliver our service to millions of people. You should be a generalist who enjoys working across the software stack with a strong focus on data and a keen eye for product. Prototyping, running A/B tests, pushing code into production, weighing in on the best ways to grow Bookmate, ...if that all sounds good to you, then this might just be the place for you.
What you'll be doing
- Build and improve the tools and frameworks that let us quickly run experiments and observe metrics across all our platforms, including operational KPI, A/B experiments, funnel analysis, user engagement and more.
- Improve the messaging platform so that we can send our users engaging and timely notifications and emails.
- Run experiments on new and existing features to improve the overall user experience.
- Creatively segment users to provide useful insights into their behavior to run even more experiments.
- Build new features that increase social sharing both within Bookmate and externally with friends (VK, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, Email).
- You love Bookmate and want to make more people to share your passion.
- You are friends with Ruby on Rails, MySQL and MongoDB that we use. We don’t mind other technologies as well, but you need to justify that.
- Strong focus on data and love for making measurable progress.
- Experience in automated communication tools (email, push notifications and sms messages) is a plus.
- You can plan your own work and don’t need a manager to write you a technical assignment.
Nice to have:
- Experience in storing and processing of large-volume data
- Experience with data-mining frameworks (e.g. Hadoop/Mahout)
- Git, Jira, Confluence.
Bookmate is a subscription e-reading service that brings access to books to the world and creates a social reading experience for our members.
Dream Industries is based in Moscow's Central Telegraph building just down the street from Red Square and creates technology that empowers people to spread knowledge and culture.