The company is growing and the number of projects is increasing. Due to the dynamic growth of our department, we’re looking to hire a Data Warehouse Architect.
- lead the overall architecture, design and development of Data Warehouse and Data Mart Life Cycle from business requirements to development of logical design, translation to physical design, ETL and code development;
- apply and help institute best practices, methodology and standards in DW, ETL and BI design and development to meet project requirements;
- administer ETL and BI tools; design a scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, secure infrastructure for the Data Warehouse, ETL and BI platforms that meet company needs;
- develop design & development specifications, and metadata documentation;
- provide solutions when escalated to solve issues involved in the daily ETL batch process, including troubleshooting, security, training, performance monitoring & documentation;
- serve as subject matter expert and provide training for operation / ETL production process;
- provide leadership and guidance to technical staff responsible for maintaining and supporting core DW, ETL and BI services;
- ensure currency, quality, and integrity of the data in the data warehouse and for providing consistency and synchronization across all platforms;
- work with other DW / BI staff, including the Project Manager and business analysts to collaborate with other Wargaming departments, understand their business needs, document existing problems, design technology solutions, and develop realistic implementation plans;
- translate business requirements to logical models and logical to physical implementation techniques. Should be able to convey the data integration flow to ETL/QA engineers using effective Source to Targets Mappings(STM).
- 6+ experience in doing Architectures for Business Intelligence/Analytics platforms/Enterprise Architecture;
- demonstrate expertise in databases, such as MySQL, Oracle, SQL*Server etc., and dimensional databases, such as TM1, Essbase, SSAS etc;
- demonstrate expertise in BI tools, such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, SAS BI, OBIEE, and Business Objects;
- experience in DW Appliances such as Oracle BDA, Oracle ODA, Oracle Exadata
- experience in refactoring and tuning enterprise databases and data access;
- experience with development and enforcement of standards and guidelines for database design and access;
- hands-on and proven leadership experience with aspects of the Data Warehouse lifecycle, including data profiling and analysis, data modeling & design (using STAR and SNOWFLAKE schema approaches);
- solid understanding of transaction and information systems, data warehouses, data marts, ODS, MDM and ETL methodologies;
- experience in one or more Data warehouse methodologies such as Dimensional Modelling (Kimball), CIF(Inmon) and Data Vault (Linsteadt);
- technical assessment of current infrastructure, design and implementation of scalable platform to support growing demand of users and processes;
- expertise in the creation and automation of ETL jobs to source data from various source systems and heterogeneous relational databases (Oracle, SQLServer, etc.,) and dimensional databases, such as Essbase, TM1, SSAS;
- expertise in the automation and tuning of daily ETL batch process;
- experience in one or more ETL tools such as Informatica, ODI , Wherescape RED, Abinitio , Syncsort etc;
- write effective technical specifications, presentations, training materials, user documentation, and technical documentation;
- expert level experience designing, implementing, and delivering secure, scalable, and highly-available, enterprise solutions in the field of DW / BI / ETL;
- upper-intermediate to advanced level of English.
- outstanding communication, writing and inter-personal abilities, including skills such as attitude, diplomacy and persuasiveness;
- experience in applying agile techniques such as SCRUM/XP in DW projects;
- ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner across the organization and at varying levels;
- carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and professional manner;
- strong proficiency in English;
- hadoop and Big Data knowledge, is a plus.