Grammarly is looking for skilled and eager software engineers to join our team and contribute in both technical and non-technical ways. We are building a top-class automated English proofreader powered by a wide range of digital might and magic.
Our goal as a company is to launch products that delight users. We ship and iterate very quickly, deploying new code at least daily. Our back-end infrastructure and services are a critical component of our product experience, and we need engineers who like working across the software stack and are excited about improving and scaling our platform; we already have millions of users and are growing exponentially.
What you will do:
- Work closely with Product Managers and other teams to build and launch new user-facing features and support existing ones
- Design, develop, and deploy backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability. Example of such services include user management, authentication, and billing - critical functions that support our main products
- Work closely with DevOps team to build new utility services and backbone APIs and also performance-tune and monitor critical services
- Build instrumentations to measure and evaluate features and system metrics to drive an awesome user experience and rock-solid service performance
- Work with a broad range of modern cloud technologies and development tools (based on AWS)
- You are fluent in multiple programming languages and paradigms and can learn new ones quickly
- You know your way around Core Java, inside and out
- You have great understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- You have extensive experience with Linux/Unix systems, relational databases, and/or key-value stores
- You have worked with distributed/scalable systems and high-load applications
- You are passionate about what you do
- Minimum 3 year of experience
Grammarly improves communication among the world’s 2+ billion native and non-native English writers. Our flagship product, the Grammarly® Editor, corrects contextual spelling mistakes, checks for more than 250 common grammar errors, enhances vocabulary usage, and provides citation suggestions. More than 3 million registered users worldwide trust Grammarly’s products, which are also licensed by more than 250 leading universities and corporations. Grammarly is an Inc 500 company with offices in San Francisco and Kiev.
How to apply
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include any information you think would be useful for us to understand your background and accomplishments.