JetBrains is a world-leading creator of professional software development tools. We strive to help developers be more productive with smart products that take care of routine and repetitive tasks so they can focus on the more interesting creative processes.
The WebTeam is responsible for developing a number of web products: the jetbrains.com website, the WebHelp tool for viewing documentation, our own React component library, and more. We are now implementing a new internal service for Marketing tasks, with a TypeScript-React frontend and a Kotlin-Ktor backend. We believe that responsibility for product quality is shared among the whole team, and we are all happy to take part in enhancing SDLC processes. Our developers write automated tests for the whole testing pyramid: unit tests (Jest), component tests (Cypress), and E2E tests (Cypress). We are in search of a QA Engineer to work on automating backend testing. Future tasks will also include frontend testing and maintaining the overall quality of the product.
As part of our team, you will:
- Design, develop, and execute automated and manual tests to ensure product quality.
- Develop, integrate and support tools for frontend, backend and integration testing.
- Complement the existing development process with modern QA approaches.
- Plan, prioritize, and execute testing activities.
- Identify, reproduce, and investigate errors, and document them thoroughly.
- Obtain requirements from comments, meetings, conversations and code.
- Collaborate closely with developers.
- 4+ years of experience in automated testing for the Web.
- Strong knowledge of software testing methodologies.
- Experience with backend test automation frameworks: JUnit, Cucumber, JBehave, Rest Assured or similar.
- Experience with frontend test automation frameworks: Cypress, Puppeteer, Selenium, Enzyme, Jest or similar.
- Knowledge of client-server interaction (HTTP, REST, WebSockets), Chrome DevTools, traffic sniffers.
- Ability to detect and reproduce complex functionality issues.
- Ability to evaluate issue impact and prioritize accordingly.
- Experience with Linux and Windows.
- Self-organized, communicates clearly, able to work in a distributed team.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of CI and containerization services.
- Working knowledge of ReactJS or Angular, and modern frontend tooling.
- Experience with testing mobile-friendly websites.
- Experience with multilingual websites / localization.