System and Network Administrator
Местоположение и тип занятости
Who we are at Modern Ventures
Modern Ventures is a single LP, industry agnostic venture building studio working to bring visionary ideas to reality. The MV team believes that the opportunity to create industry defining, tech-forward ventures is bigger than ever today. Our leadership team comes from Airbnb, Sprout Therapy, Google and have raised from General Catalyst, Founders Fund, and Tiger Global. Modern Venture’s portfolio has created >$400M in enterprise value in less than 48 months.
Come join some of the country's best operators and builders to make an impact that will last generations.
About the Role:
We are looking for an IT Support Engineer to join our growing team. You will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and monitoring our IT systems on a daily basis. You will also help troubleshoot and solve problems that our teams might encounter during our day-to-day operations.
What You’ll Need:
● At least 3 years of user support working experience
● Advanced level of English
● Willing to work US hours of 9am-5pm EST
● Working knowledge of help desk software, ticketing, and issue tracking systems, as well as remote control software
● Good knowledge of setting up, configuring, and using both Windows, GSuite, and Mac systems
● Good knowledge of standard office applications (Antivirus, MS Office, Adobe, GSuite)
● Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication, with strong customer service and interpersonal skills
● High tolerance, responsibility, ability, and readiness to work in a stressful environment
What You’ll Do:
● Support the internal network of Modern Ventures & Wilton Cross (Virgil), around up to 200 employees
● Coordinate with cross-functional onboarding and offboarding teams to identify and resolve problems with upcoming new hires and exits, ensuring that each week runs smoothly
● Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
● Respond to queries either in person or over the phone
● Respond to email and text messages from users seeking help
● Install, modify, diagnose and repair (if possible) computer hardware and software
● Track requests and issues in enterprise ticketing system and asset database redirecting problems to correct resources
● Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support
● Manage employee assets including performing quarterly audits, ordering new IT equipment, and maintaining inventories
● Instituting protocols for the use of IT across departments and projects
● Identify, research, and resolve technical problems
● Execute different maintenance activities when needed
● Managing Vendor relations
Who you are:
● Mission-driven: You are dedicated to our mission and understand that providing excellent care to children with autism is at the core of everything we do.
● Motivated: You take ownership of your projects and are driven to produce the highest quality work product. You meet deadlines and communicate roadblocks. You look for opportunities to add value.
● Creative: You come up with original ideas to solve complex problems.
● Collaborative: You thrive in a team environment. You love listening to feedback and incorporating other people’s opinions into your ideas. You’re willing to work beyond your stated role for the better of the team.
● Compassionate: You care about people. You want others to succeed.
What We Offer:
● Remote work
● Opportunities for advancement
● Being part of a team of hard-working, ambitious, and caring individuals who will help you learn and grow professionally
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.