Do you want to be one part of our puzzle?
International company, based in the US, with 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
Where will your puzzle part fit?
A successful fit for this role would be someone with recent experience leading DevOps efforts, proven team leadership experience, and great communication skills. You will work fully remotely from the coziness of your home by communicating directly with Engineers and clients to develop and implement new end-user solutions that address current business needs.
- Administration of corporate servers: Windows, Linux, configuration, troubleshooting
- Working with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, Google and others
- Administration of virtualization systems (Hyper-V, ESXi)
- Building fault-tolerant systems. Scaling under load
- Application protection, query optimization, load balancing
Our new puzzle part should have:
(Experience in the following technologies)
- Successful work experience as a system administrator from 2 years and / or DevOps.
- Excellent knowledge of the TCP / IP stack, OSI model
- Experience in administering Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019, Linux, scripting of deployment tasks and system administration is a plus
- Experience in deploying, configuring and administering database servers: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience in administering Hyper-V and/or ESXi virtualization systems.
- Experience in administering web servers IIS, Apache, nginx, proxy, HTTP, postman
(The following experience will be considered as an advantage)
- Administering and working with AWS, Azure and/or GCP cloud services is a plus
- Administering and configuring Cisco equipment, SonicWall firewalls is a plus
- Automation of deployment (docker, kubernetes, etc)
- Introduction to Github, GitLab, TeamCity, SVN, CI/CD, Dockers, Kubernetes, ELK, Prometheus, Zabbix
- Understanding the basic principles of information security.
- English level: Intermediate and higher
- Experience in Office 365 administration will be a plus
- Ability to configure, troubleshoot and work with network equipment, firewalls
(We highly appreciate if you have the following)
- Ability to communicate and understand software
- Familiar with Jira, Confluence
Basic Benefits for our new puzzle piece:
- Challenging and exciting projects
- Flexible schedule
- Young and friendly team
- Bonuses per project results
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in the Illinois, USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
Did you know about Velvetech?
US clients as leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation and support of software solutions with modern microservices backends (.NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ), web front-ends (React, Angular), and mobile development (Swift, Kotlin, Java). Most of the systems are prepared for cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP), and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
More about other puzzle pieces of Velvetech Team
We are a friendly team of 130+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients. Let’s make this puzzle together!