Frontend Developer (Remote, Relocation in Tbilisi required)
Местоположение и тип занятости
(Remote, Relocation in Tbilisi required)
About the job
BuiltIn reports that just 26% percent of computing industry jobs are held by women. At our company, we're committed to creating an equitable workplace that eliminates implicit biases and creates a work culture where women thrive. If you are a woman interested in a career in tech that encourages you to grow and thrive, we encourage you to apply for this position, even if you only qualify for 70% of the requirements.
We are an insurance technology company changing the way the industry views risk with true predictive analytics. Our well-established database includes over 5,000 behavior attributes for 250+ million people in the United States and provides deep insight to these individuals’ true health risks. With this data, we help insurance companies improve underwriting precision, speed and efficiency using alternative data and machine learning – and ultimately, we provide consumers and small businesses with greater access to a broader range of insurance products.
We are not your typical startup. And we aren’t looking for typical employees. For starters, we are a fully remote organization, meaning your home base can be your sofa, your favorite café, or a (wifi-equipped) cabin in the woods. All you need is your brain and a laptop… and we provide the laptop. We’re looking for people who want to do inspired work for a higher purpose. We are a growing and well-funded tech startup with a great product and even better ideas. If you want to make an immediate impact on the way the insurance industry operates while working in a fun, fast-paced and supportive environment, you’ve come to the right place.
About the role
We are seeking a senior Front End Developer who is experienced with React to join a team building a marketplace for an insurance company. We have an experienced and fast-moving executive team that is looking for people with strong intellectual curiosity, relevant, demonstrated experience, and the commitment and tenacity to keep pace in a small, start-up team.
As the Front End Developer, you have the opportunity to be a foundational element of our success.You will be in the frontline of bringing the next wave of alternative data and ML-driven risk analysis to a highly regulated set of industries that are in need of better technology. There will be opportunities to grow both professionally and personally. Ultimately, we would love this person to help build a world-class team and stay with the company for many years to come. This role is 100% remote within the United States.
- Own the user experience for the product
- Collaborate with the design, product and back-end teams, and be able to understand the requirements in detail, and to pick up where they are leaving off.
- Work closely with the engineering, UX/design, and product team to identify customer needs and help create production ready software to solve them.
- Implement features, bug fixes, and other improvements to the application.
- Follow best practices to ensure that improvements to the application occur quickly, are scalable and reliable.
- Identify areas of technical debt and partner with technology leadership to prioritize solutions.
- Improve the overall quality, performance, and stability of frontend, including build process.
All candidates must have these required skills, qualifications or experiences to be considered for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline, or comparable experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of React experience
- Strong desire to learn in a fast-paced, technical environment
- Hands on experience and strong proficiency knowledge of languages/tools such as Express.js, MySQL, AWS Amplify, npm, Yarn, and Git/BitBucket
- High proficiency with development tools and workflows
- Strong self-management, with the ability to comfortably identify, set and meet their own priorities
- Demonstrated experience meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment consistently, with the ability to communicate when there are blocks or challenges to deadlines
- Team orientation, with the ability to identify gaps and fill them proactively
- Strong communication skills, including experience in a Slack-first environment and the ability to regulate when it is needed and appropriate to ask for help vs. self-manage
The ideal candidate will also have these strongly preferred skills, qualifications or experiences:
- Experience with the following languages/tools/practices: Redux, Material-UI React Library, Web Workers, AWS Cognito, AWS Lambda, AWS IAM, Figma, Code Splitting
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Worked in a startup environment or other fast-paced, small environment with high responsibility and/or small team
Position type: Full-time, regular, exempt
Position compensation: $120,000-$160,000 annual base compensation, depending experience and qualifications; additional details on total compensation below
Position Location: This is a remote position, but the employee must be based in the U.S.
Number of positions available: 1
Reports to: Vice President of Engineering
Why work at Us?
- 100% remote (we believe in trust and self-management)
- We have fun in our work every day, celebrate wins often, and view failure as an opportunity to grow better together.
- Unlimited vacation/sick time policy
- Additional time off during company shutdowns:
- Thanksgiving shutdown (M-F week of Thanksgiving)
- Company shutdown (12/20/21 – 12/31/21)
- Medical (100% company paid for base plans, tiered system for more expensive plans, PPO and HMO options provided)
- Dental (75% company paid for employees only)
- Vision (75% company paid for employees only)
- Short-term disability insurance (100% company paid)
- Long-term disability insurance (100% company paid)
- $50K guaranteed-issue life insurance (100% company paid)
- Additional life insurance available at employee’s cost
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, a confidential resource to support your mental health as well as advise on caregiving, financial or legal matters
$120,000 - $160,000