Senior Frontend Developer (React)_Remote
Местоположение и тип занятости
Who we are
The international company, working at the forefront of eReader development, making interactive digital textbooks and eBooks available to schools and to consumers who enjoy immersive reading on web and mobile devices.
Our application web assets are built with React, SASS, TS, CSS, EJS Templates, JS, and HTML.
(On the back it has a standard Ruby on Rails and will be integrating Redis for performance enhancements).
- Deliver maintainable, well-tested and structured code and documentation.
- Be able to work independently and resolve technical tasks with minimal guidance. This includes not only code but research and decision-making regarding best practices.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers to ensure team efficiency and provide mentoring as needed to more junior developers.
- Review pull-requests as requested and, more broadly, maintain a critical eye on system performance and security.
- Be able to compose and present comprehensive proposals during design tasks that outline options and assessments.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
- 5+ years of software engineering, Web development, custom application development
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, etc) will be a plus
- Experience building hosted products that handle large, distributed workflows
- Experience developing APIs and client libraries (SDKs)
- Experience with modern software engineering practices of unit testing, continuous integration, and deployment
- High-level knowledge of English
- Flexible working hours with only mandatory team calls and interactions in the evening time (19.00-21.00 Moscow time zone)
- Competitive Salary in US dollars (depending on your skills)
- A contract with you as an individual entrepreneur
- Further relocation to Canada is available and additionally negotiated