Lead Frontend Engineer (remote)
Местоположение и тип занятости
This role is a part of the Whisk product team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
Whisk is the intelligent platform for connecting recipes and products to shopping and cooking, leveraging artificial intelligence and deep learning. For consumers, Whisk recently launched a platform that utilizes the same innovative technology to turn recipes from anywhere into collaborative shopping lists across the web, mobile, voice, and Samsung FamilyHub fridges. Now, it’s easy to connect “looks delicious” to “tastes delicious.”
Whisk is a distributed and diverse team of almost 100 amazing people from Russia, Korea, Serbia, the USA, UK, etc. We are truly remote and are used to working with time zones from GMT-8 to GMT+9.
We are looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer (React, Typescript) for our distributed team. As a Lead Frontend Engineer, you will be working on multiple Whisk's B2C products within the Web squad (Social Growth focus) of 2 highly skilled Frontend Engineers.
The role will require you to set up team goals according to product requirements and your teams' performance. You will be actively collaborating with project and engineering managers.
You will be developing and supporting multiple projects in the food domain. Our core system is a complex entity graph consisting of recipes, products, allergies, nutrients, retailer products, etc. We expect you will be involved in all stages of development from designing solutions to deploying artifacts on production.
Since our team is fully distributed, it is important for us that you can organize yourself and are not afraid to communicate with other team members.
We are ready to share our knowledge and we are ready to learn something new from you. We are an open-minded team and not afraid to try new technologies if it can move us forward.
You will also:
- You will build new features and maintain the current code base,
- You will raise ideas and suggest improvements for the application,
- Make sure solutions are built to meet high-quality standards;
- Work with design/product teams on requirements and map them to a technical implementation plan;
- Collaborate with, learn from, and mentor teammates;
- Increase team member commitment for a successful team.
- 3+ years of experience in front-end development;
- Outstanding client-side JS knowledge;
- Production experience of React, Redux and MobX 2+ years;
- You should like and have experience with static type-checking (e.g. TypeScript);
- Demonstrated ability to write modular and well-tested code;
- You have proven experience in project architecture design;
- You are ready to spend up to 30% of your time on leadership tasks, communication, and collaboration with other teams, and support needs of your team;
- Strong communication and teamwork skills (you will be in touch with Product managers, Marketing, and Engineering teams);
- Ability to self-organize and efficiently work remotely;
- Working proficiency in English;
- You reside in GMT+3 (+/-2 hours) (as most part of our team is in these time zones, it will be much more convenient for both parties).
- You previously worked as a Team Lead and made key technical decisions;
What we offer:
- Full-time workload (40 hours per week), Contract-based.
- 100% Remote work,
- Long-term project,
- Great team of professionals,
- An environment of respect and trust.
Please apply on Samsung next career page or send your CV in English
Please include GitHub link (or any other repository with your recent code examples) in your CV.