Calibration Engineer (3D Computer Vision)
Местоположение и тип занятости
Occipital, Inc. (USA) is a leader in computer vision and spatial computing. Our most notable products include the 3D scanner called Structure Sensor, the 3D scanning software platform called Structure SDK and the mobile app for 3D scanning homes called Canvas.
We love it when our products deliver a seamless computer vision-driven experience, and so do our customers. Under the hood of our easy-to-use mobile apps are efficient implementations of state-of-the-art computer vision and deep learning algorithms.
This position is open in our Structure division.
We are especially interested in candidates who are not only capable of improving the calibration of Occipital sensors in the short-term, but also interested in providing our customers with sensor fusion capabilities in the long-run.
- Apply state-of-the-art techniques to the calibration of Occipital sensors in a production environment.
- Maintain calibration software and hardware, both in production as well as in a pilot line.
- Maintain and expand the capability of software tools used for calibration.
- Advance the state-of-the-art of calibration within Occipital, with the goal of providing our customers improved scanning and SLAM performance.
- Integrate 3rd-party sensor support into Occipital's platform, including performing sensor fusion and synchronization.
- Perform R&D in new sensing modalities and new techniques capable of integrating new sensors into Occipital's SLAM.
- Communicate regularly and extensively with our globally distributed team, including product / business leadership and engineers in the US.
- Work around strict timelines and deadlines, and know how to best organize priorities.
We don't separate research from development. You'll be writing production code with focus on quality and value for customers, at the forefront of the state-of-the-art in computer vision, SLAM and 3D scanning.
Work Culture & Expectations
Where we are going, we don't need roads. But we do need awesome people.
- Great teamwork and interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, proactive attitude, and a drive for results
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative development environment
- Attention to detail
- Experience in calibration of cameras used for 3D scanning, SLAM and/or Computer Vision applications
- Experience with sensor fusion and solving complex, multi-dimensional calibration problems, including the combined data from IMUs and visual cameras
- Experience in C++
- Solid mathematical background, especially in linear algebra
- English: fluent reading / writing, confident speaking
- Ability and willingness to engage in international travel (not during the pandemic)
- Leadership skills, a track record in leadership positions (lead engineer/tech lead/team lead).
- Technical leadership in R&D in Calibration demonstrated through previous work experience and/or peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience writing code in Objective-C
- Official employment in full accordance with labor law
- Stock options in the US company
- Flexible working hours, no bureaucracy
- A cozy office in the center of Moscow (Shabolovskaya subway station)
- Health insurance program, meals compensation and other benefits
- Access to the newest devices and prototypes for developers (3D cameras, phones, etc.)
- Business trips to the US
This position is based in our Moscow R&D center.