Director of Engineering
Местоположение и тип занятости
Spark Equation is a leading software engineering company providing specialized technology and consulting services, with a central focus on building tailored solutions and advanced systems optimized for small and medium-sized businesses. Since 2014, we have architected, built, and delivered data-driven enterprise-grade technology allowing our clients to gain industry leadership, at scale.
We believe in Building Software That Works® through precision, innovation, and an engineering mindset. We engage and empower intelligent, bold, and passionate people to do the right things, the better way.
The Director of Engineering will be responsible for the timely delivery of high-quality engineering solutions for our partners. We are looking for a successful manager and excellent communicator to lead and grow our distributed team of professionals and drive them to result.
- Lead the team to deliver high-quality products
- Plan and organize software development life cycle, from code to release
- Establish departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures
- Plan and manage the operating budget to maximize utilization of resources and delivery of products and solutions
- Partner with key stakeholders from other departments to identify business needs and turn business opportunities into technical solutions
- Hire, lead and guide the career and professional development of a first-class team of technology professionals
- Oversee all activities of the engineering department (development, QA, and application release)
- Stay abreast of new technologies and issues in the SaaS industry and ensure the knowledge sharing of engineering best practices across departments
- You have a strong technical background in the realm of software engineering and delivery
- You are experienced with leading multiple agile engineering teams.
- You know how to grow teams. People follow you due to your networking, leadership, and managerial skills
- You love setting up and driving development processes
- You are not afraid to raise issues and drive change
- You have practical experience in delivering software, leveraging cloud infrastructure on Microsoft Azure
- You have experience and understanding of building software architecture
- You are able to communicate well
- You’re fluent in English
- You are ready for occasional business trips
- Competitive salary
- Official employment
- 100% remote work, office in the center of Saint-Petersburg as an option
- Health benefits
- English-speaking environment
- Yearly bonuses are paid according to the company’s success and individual performance