Currently we are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer. You’ll have a great opportunity to expand your professional experience and advance your skills in DevOps involving operations.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
You will work with an international management consulting firm that focuses on retail services. The company is headquartered in New York City with 60+ offices in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East and employs over 4,500 professionals!
About the Project:
The aim of the Project is to migrate a series of ~20-30 applications from legacy IIS hosting to the new Kubernetes based container environment.T
The apps are various types of Node.js apps with Vue/Knockout.js frontends, SQL or Mongo backends (but we may have the odd outier for e.g. .NET or something that integrates with Tableau etc.).
They will today typically be deployed by Jenkins using PowerShell scripts. They will have SAML authentication that might need to be migrated to OAuth based on OKTA.
Many apps can be lifted as is, containerized and deployed to the new hosting with minimal knowledge of what they actually do – others may be complicated and need some investigation or refactoring. So far we’ve experienced that it takes anything from 2-3 days to 2 weeks to migrate an application. We expect this effort to run from now until year end.
- 3+ years of software development experience;
- Good knowledge of Docker;
- Knowledge of K8S;
- Hands on experience with Helm;
- Experience with Jenkins;
- Quick learner possessing analytical mindset;
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving aptitude;
- Attention to details.
- Development tools support and administration;
- Billing and cost effectivity monitoring;
- Help development with builds and CI/CD;
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes;
- Support & troubleshooting.
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- Attractive salary — we reward your commitment to our company
- Personal development — we understand that life-long learning is important and support everything that encourages a personal willingness to learn
- Language classes with a native speaker
- Flexible work schedule — a good work-life balance is the most important prerequisite for being creative and productive
- Friendly work environment
- Interesting job in an innovative company with the latest technologies
- Collaboration with a team full of interesting people
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.