Director of Engineering, Web
Arkadium is seeking an experienced Director of Engineering to oversee and drive the strategy for our web-based tech. This includes our front-end facing websites as well as our backend tech. This person will play a key role in building Arkadium’s engineering culture while ensuring the success of our existing products and future product pipeline. We require an excellent communicator and manager of tech talent that will lead and nurture local and remote development teams. This is an exciting role for someone who loves working with empowered teams, rapid testing environments, and creating engaging experiences for end-users.Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of experience building scalable, consumer-facing mobile or web products
- Proven track record of managing top tech talent and high performing teams
- Strong foundational knowledge of software engineering and familiarity with various technologies such as NodeJS, ReactJs, or similar web technologies.
- Experience with functional languages will be a plus
- Practical experience in delivering software, leveraging cloud infrastructure on Microsoft Azure.
- Familiarity with cloud-based microservices
- Strong portfolio of finished projects.
- Strong understanding of web analytics
- Proficiency in agile methodologies.
- Working knowledge of data protection laws and practices (CCPA and GDPR)
- Understand the QA roles and involvement in the process.
- Provide technical and thought leadership as our web industry subject matter expert
- Partner with key stakeholders from various departments to identify business opportunities and set a long-term technical vision
- Help teams to architect, design and execute high-quality engineering solutions for all our web-based products
- Organization of software development life cycle, from code to release
- Turning business opportunities to technical solutions
- Encourage and lead your team to deliver high-quality products
- Hire, lead and guide the career growth of A-players on engineering teams
- Work with QA team and ensure that engineering and QA team synchronized in their efforts to deliver the best possible software
- Automate testing through the CI/CD pipeline
- Oversee teams of Web engineers as well as QA engineers
- Health Insurance with heavily subsidized medical, dental & vision plans starting on day one
- Performance-based quarterly bonuses
- For nonresidents: Relocation bonus to help a move to Krasnodar
- A good balance between work and personal life, including Happy Fridays in the summer
- Additional paid time off
- A focus on professional growth through internal classes, access to professional conferences, and specialized training and certification to industry standards;