We’re in search of a Senior DevOps Engineer with an Azure/AWS focus who’s ready to help us move our cloud journey a step forward and improve our customer’s clients experience by building systems that bring our business to new heights.
You’ll need to have strong experience in core Azure/AWS Services (such as VMs, Storage, vNETs etc.), because you’ll be creating Azure/AWS RM Templates to build Azure/AWS services. The application portfolio packaged products (such as JD Edwards), production databases (i.e. Oracle, MSSQL etc.), custom Java applications (J2EE, Spring Apps etc) —which means you’ll need to have in-depth experience with migrating application to Azure/AWS.
You’ll also be working in conjunction with colleagues from various divisions and departments such as software engineering, operations, application support to deploy these new products and manage our infrastructure, associated processes and systems. It’ll definitely help for you to be detail-oriented and a skilled problem solver, because you’ll also be helping us to streamline our cloud migration processes—and automating them where applicable.
About the Customer:
Founded in the Netherlands over 180 years ago, the Customer’s Company is a global leader in information services and expert solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. As of 2017, it was recognized by Corporate Knights as one of the 100 most sustainable companies in the world. It operates in over 150 countries.
- Experience with Full stack and Restack skills;
- More than 3 + years of experience in building and maintaining systems in Azure/AWS;
- Experience in DevOps and automation;
- Experience with migrating datacenters workloads Azure/AWS;
- Experience in creating and implementing ARM, Cloud formation or Terraform templates;
- Experience in leveraging version control systems to manage Infrastructure as code;
- Recent experience within the Design and implementation of complex, highly available and highly scalable solutions.
- Familiarity with Server/Datacenter virtualization technologies such as VMWare, VMWare NSX and Hyper V;
- Experience in configuring and implementing cloud storage solutions to meet varying demands;
- Experience in implementing solutions that meet today’s Information Security requirements;
- Experience in configuring Azure/AWS networks to integrate with MPLS;
- Experience in defining and implement multi-step CI/CD workflows in Jenkins, Azure/AWS DevOps, CircleCI or GitFlow;
- Experience with one or more of the following scripting languages
- Enterprise wide architectural governance, architecture decisions, exceptions, standards etc.
- Be enthusiastic and curious about all things cloud;
- Working or have worked in a role where the primary duties involve developing, managing, maintaining or migrating applications to the cloud;
- Be able to quickly hack up cloud templates (ARM Templates or Terraform);
- Have experience in migrating systems/applications to cloud with replication technologies (ASR, Zerto, Unitrends or Veeam);
- Have experience with a CI/CD pipelines with tool like Jenkins, TeamCity, GitHub
- xperience with Azure/AWS SDK (Any language) and Azure/AWS CLI;
- Experience with PaaS services like Kubernetes(AKS and EKS), Azure/AWS Logic Apps and CosmosDB;
- Be comfortable with administrative tasks on Linux and Windows Server (I.e. cron jobs/scheduled tasks, create new file shares, patch, debug with/system logs).
- Build and manage the Azure/AWS foundation platform to enable application deployments Engineer solutions on Azure/AWS foundation platform using Infrastructure as Code methods (e.g. Terraform);
- Integrate, configure, deploy and manage centrally provided common cloud services (e.g. IAM, networking, logging, Operating systems Containers.);
- Be comfortable in performing common administrative tasks in both Windows and Linux;
- Ensure compliance of resources to centrally defined Security Ensure compliancy with Operational risk standards (E.g. Network, Firewall, OS, Logging, Monitoring, Availability, Resiliency);
- Build and support continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and continuous testing activities to implement patches provided centrally Support non-functional testing;
- Update support and operational documentation as required Fault find and support Applications teams;
- Ensure good Change management practice is implemented as specified by central standards;
- Provide impact assessments where requested for changes proposed on Azure/AWS core platform
- On a rotational on call basis provide out of business hours support as part of our 24 x 7 coverage
English level: Intermediate/Upper intermediate
- Official and timely pay;
- Social perks;
- Sick pay, vacations;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Friendly environment;