Senior QA Engineer (B2B)
Местоположение и тип занятости
Whisk is a fast-growing company with the objective to "understand" food (recipes, products) and user preferences in order to provide intelligent insights and recommendations. Over several years we have been building knowledge and technology in that area, with the great help of Machine Learning.
We are globally distributed and our team lives across the world in different locations – we all work together remotely. Living in a place that makes us happy is important to us.
We recently joined Samsung NEXT - the innovation division of Samsung, which allows us to accelerate our development and hire new talented people
We look for talented and experienced engineers join our team and contribute to a range of products including B2C, B2B, and internal applications. You will need to make sure that the result application meets high-quality standards.
What you’ll do:
Your first task will be helping to optimize the testing process for our B2B products
Also, you will:
- Make sure solutions are built to meet high-quality standards
- Work with design/product team on requirements and mapping them to a test plan
- Collaborate with, learn from, and mentor teammates
- 5+ more years of software quality assurance experience (web services)
- Experience with software lifecycle tools
- Working knowledge of testing methodologies, including test case design, test scripting, defect analysis, defect reporting, and defect tracking
- Understanding of product development lifecycles and iterative development methods with a commitment to quality and excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate and document testing plans and results
- Strong sense of ownership and self-sufficiency
- Ability to self-organize and efficiently work remotely
- Good spoken level of English
- Perform functional, regression, integration, and system testing of web apps
- Design, write, execute, and maintain test plans & test cases
- Serve as the right hand to the Head of QA, contributing to the design and improvement of the b2b testing process; offering insights and recommendations to inform decisions made regarding the testing process
- Collaborate with stakeholders (business analysts, developers, product owners, quants, end-users, and others) to understand business requirements and stakeholders’ needs
- Analyze system logs, configurations and other system data using common technology tools for test confirmation and defect analysis
- Responsible for bug management process and issue identification and tracking (bug advocacy)
We encourage people to get energy and motivation from the end product, which is a result of their work, rather than beauty and shortness of code.
2. English language
Practice shows that you will inevitably improve your level of English by working with us and using it in (nearly) all internal communication.
3. Working with modern technology
We love all the modern tech. ...As long as it keeps productive and easy enough for onboard new people.
4. Awareness of company strategy
All employees are free to join to our roadmap meeting and speak freely, which makes everybody aware of how their work contributes to company success.
5. Zero bureaucracy
It is in everybody's interest to reduce the time from good ideas and interesting projects to the point when we launch them. That's why we optimized our flows for efficient collaboration between departments: business, design, tech.
6. Company retreats
Once or twice a year we decide on a location where we gonna go as a team and spend a week working and exploring new places together. We had a great experience in Budapest, Prague, Madrid, Lisbon, and Florence. You will be more than welcome to join us.
Please, make sure your profile information (career.habr.com or LinkedIn) is up to date and cover letter is appreciated.