Engineering Manager (remote)
Местоположение и тип занятости
Whisk is fast-growing company with the objective to "understand" food (recipes, products) and user preferences in order to provide intelligent insights and recommendations. Over several years we have been building knowledge and technology in that area, with great help of Machine Learning.
We are globally distributed and our team lives across the world in different locations – we all work together remotely. Living in a place that makes us happy is important to us.
We recently joined Samsung NEXT - the innovation division of Samsung, which allows us to accelerate our development and hire new talented people
We look for a talented and experienced engineer to join our team, lead and contribute to the range of B2C products. You will need to make sure that result applications meet high-quality standards.
What you’ll do:
You will lead the development and manage multiple teams that deliver Whisk's B2C products across different platforms (like web, native, voice assistants). The role will require you to set up team goals according to product requirements and your teams' performance. You will be actively collaborating with the design team, product manager and multiple engineering teams.
Also, you will:
- Ensure that the Whisk user needs are at the forefront when building creative and robust products
- Present practical input for strategic technology decisions
- Partner with product managers to define the roadmap, map it to a technical plan and deliver new features that will deliver value to our users
Lead, coach and further develop a team of engineers through regular 1:1s, feedback sessions and performance reviews
- Supervise training and development of software engineering staff
- Increase team member commitment for a successful team
- Everything else which is required to ensure that the team delivers high-quality product within reasonable timelines and feels happy working at Whisk
- You worked previously in a senior role and made key technical decisions
- Proven experience in project architecture design
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Good spoken level of English
- Ability to self-organise and efficiently work remotely
- You have no issues working with people based in different time zones (especially California)
What we offer:
- Full-time workload
- Remote work
- Long-term project
- Possible business trips to Birmingham, UK and Tel-Aviv, Israel offices
- Competitive salary based on your skills
We encourage people to get energy and motivation from end product, which is a result of their work, rather than beauty and shortness of code.
2. English language
Practice shows that you will inevitably improve your level of English by working with us and using it in (nearly) all internal communication.
3. Working with modern technology
We love all modern tech. ...As long as it keeps productive and easy enough for onboard new people.
4. Awareness of company strategy
All employees are free to join to our roadmap meeting and speak freely, which makes everybody aware about how their work contributes to company success.
5. Zero bureaucracy
It is in everybody's interest to reduce time from good ideas and interesting project to the point when we launch them. That's why we optimised our flows for efficient collaboration between departments: business, design, tech.
6. Company retreats
Once or twice a year we decide on location where we gonna go as a team and spend week working and exploring new places together. We had great experience in Budapest, Prague, Madrid, Lisbon and Florence. You will be more than welcome to join us.
Please, make sure your profile information (Moikrug or LinkedIn) is up to date and cover letter is appreciated