Senior Android QA Engineer
Badoo is seeking a strong middle to senior level Mobile QA Engineer, testing on our Android applications. We have a product-oriented team, releasing apps every week. The ideal candidate is mobile savvy, loves testing, and understands what makes a great mobile app!
We are looking for an employee for London office (we are helping with the relocation)!
- Write and execute functional and regression, smoke, and sanity tests
- Run and analyse failed auto-tests
- Work with development teams to ensure applications are tested to the defined level of acceptance
- Communicate closely with Product and Design teams
- Log bugs and investigate when and how introduced, prioritising issues correctly
- Collaborate with the appropriate team for test requirements related to back-end, daemons, mobile backend
- Provide technical leadership to more junior colleagues
- Be awesome and love Android!
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Extensive experience in mobile manual testing on Android
- Non-functional testing
- Profiling/debugging using Android studio, Charles Proxy or any other proxy tool
- Writing new/supporting, and updating existing automated tests. We have 1500+ end-to-end tests than run blazing fast. We are contributors to Calabash and Appium to have our test run fast and stable.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, and experience working closely with multiple teams (especially user support)
- Basic knowledge of Java/Kotlin is desirable
- Basic knowledge of PHP desirable (our server is written on PHP)
- Back-end test experience desirable
- Self-motivated and able to achieve deadlines and work independently
- Exceptional communicator, with strong interpersonal skills and team-working capability
- Passionate about technology and testing
- A problem solver who thinks laterally both as part of a team or individually