Whisk is fast-growing company with the objective to "understand" food (recipes, products) and user preferences in order to provide intelligent insights and recommendations. Over several years we have been building knowledge and technology in that area, with great help of Machine Learning more recently.
We are globally distributed and our team lives across the world in different locations – we all work together remotely. Living in a place that makes us happy is important to us.
We’re looking for people who get as excited about tech and our products as we do! You'll be expected to work closely with the everyone in the business, including the founders of the ventures.
You will need to implement Grocery List focused app for iOS and Android platforms on top of our existing APIs. These apps (incl. web) will be among company main priorities and we will put a lot of effort developing new features and evolving user experience. Leadership skills will be much appreciated as we plan to build team around it.
- 3+ years of experience in the field
- Proven experience in the implementation of complex and dynamic user interfaces
- Comfortable with code-sharing patterns across multiple platforms (iOS and Android)
- Comfortable creating custom platform bindings
- Experience with full cycle of delivering app to store
- Experience with developing applications for Tizen platform
- Functional Programming approach knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Technical leadership skills
We encourage people to get energy and motivation from end product, which is a result of their work, rather than beauty and shortness of code.
2. English language
Practice shows that you will inevitably improve your level of English by working with us and using it in (nearly) all internal communication.
3. Working with modern technology
We love all modern tech. ...As long as it keeps productive and easy enough for onboard new people.
4. Awareness of company strategy
All employees are free to join to our roadmap meeting and speak freely, which makes everybody aware about how their work contributes to company success.
5. Zero bureaucracy
It is in everybody's interest to reduce time from good ideas and interesting project to the point when we launch them. That's why we optimised our flows for efficient collaboration between departments: business, design, tech.
6. Company retreats
Once or twice a year we decide on location where we gonna go as a team and spend week working and exploring new places together. We had great experience in Budapest, Prague, Madrid, and Lisbon. You will be more than welcome to join us.