Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
Местоположение и тип занятости
(part-time or full-time)
Who we are:
Whisk is fast-growing startup with the objective to "understand" food (recipes, products) and user preferences in order to provide intelligent insights and recommendations. Over several years we have been building knowledge and technology in that area, with great help of Machine Learning more recently.
We are globally distributed and our team lives across the world in different locations – we all work together remotely. Living in a place that makes us happy is important to us.
Whisk serves millions request a day and has a lot of background stream processing, for both we need to maintain low latencies and high uptime. We are looking for candidate with good skills and focus on infrastructure side to help us maintain optimal setup from the standoint of costs, performance and reliability and help us scale while onboarding new customer and develoing new services
What you’ll do:
- Analyse current infrastructure, define metrics, quantify failures
- Provide and implement recommendations on ways to improve
- Automation, Infrastructure as code
- Define and maintain HA setup for all services
- Test reliability and fault-tolerance of entire system
Technologies we use:
- Most of our infrastructure reside on Google Compute Engine Platform
- Kubernetes - for orchestration of stateless services
- Mysql (CloudSQL), MongoDB, Memcached, Elasticsearch - as data stores serving specific needs and requirements
- Terraform (primarily for database deployments)
- Prometheus + Grafana for metrics
- Jaeger for tracing
Tech we plan to evaluate:
- CockroachDB - as potential replacement for MySQL in certain scenarious
- Clickhouse - to enable us to build realtime-analytics platform on top of our data
- 5+ years of experience in the field
- You have previously worked in a senior role and was making key technical decisions
- experience with cloud providers (GCP, AWS, etc.)
- experience in designing highly-available architectures
- Scala knowledge
- Experience with Kubernetes
Benefits of working with us:
1. Direct impact on end product
We encourage people to get energy and motivation from end product, which is a result of their work, rather than beauty and shortness of code.
2. English language
Practice shows that you will inevitably improve your level of English by working with us and using it in (nearly) all internal communication
3. Working with modern technology
We love all modern tech. ...As long as it keeps productive and easy enough for onboard new people.
4. Awareness of company strategy
All employees are free to join to our roadmap meeting and speak freely, which makes everybody aware about how their work contributes to company success.
5. Zero bureaucracy
It is in everybody's interest to reduce time from good ideas and interesting project to the point when we launch them. That's why we optimised our flows for efficient collaboration between departments: business, design, tech
6. Company retreats
Once or twice a year we decide on location where we gonna go as a team and spend week working and exploring new places together. We had great experience in Budapest and Prague. You will be more than welcome to join us.