Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Местоположение и тип занятости
Site Reliability Engineering designs and automates operations for the global Genero Cloud infrastructure, ensuring the platform is secure, highly available, easily operable, scalable and efficient. SRE blends this "infrastructure-as-code" focus with operational and customer on-boarding responsibilities. Its dual goals are infrastructure automation and customer success.
Site Reliability Engineer
- Designs, prototypes and develops infrastructure lifecycle workflow and software.
- Plans and drives proof of concept projects with new technology and processes.
- Leads and participates in global infrastructure design and code reviews.
- Develops solutions for customer requirements, leveraging both
- custom configurations of existing infrastructure, and
- new features and workflows and their supporting automation.
- Documents infrastructure workflow and configuration for both the customer and Network Operations Centre (NOC) Engineering.
Provides backup and advanced operations support to global NOC Engineering.
You will work with the global Site Reliability Engineering and NOC Engineering teams to maintain, monitor, improve and evolve the global Genero Cloud infrastructure and ensure customer success, with a regional customer emphasis depending on your location.
The blend of areas you will focus on depends on your background and interests.
60 → 80%
Site Reliability Engineering
Develop and automate infrastructure management practices, including security, deployment and configuration, monitoring, disaster recovery, maintenance, event management, and decommissioning.
0 → 20%
Leverage infrastructure management practices and automation to deliver PaaS service levels while responding to events, and deploying customer and security updates.
0 → 20%
Customer Service and Support
On-board PaaS customers.
10 → 40%
Security and Compliance
Define, automate and audit security policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all locally relevant security and privacy regulations; support external audits, including SSAE18 SOC 2 and HITRUST.
Junior to Director
Positions are available in Moscow, Saint Petersburg, or Chelyabinsk
- BS in Computer Science or related field (may substitute additional experience).
- 2+ years relevant experience.
- Experience in Site Reliability Engineering or similar fields such as DevOps and at least one other focus area, and a willingness to learn and contribute in all.
- Experience in security and privacy a plus.
- Virtualisation : Xen, VMWare
- OS: Linux, Windows
- IaaS: AWS, Rackspace, Google Cloud
- Cloud management: Cloudstack, Openstack
- SQL Database: MySQL, Informix, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Version control: GIT, SVN
- Monitoring: Collectd, Nagios
- Log management: Splunk
- Networking: VLANs, Firewall, DNS
- Web server: Apache, Nginx
- Automation/Devops: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins
- Scripting: Bash, Ruby, Python
Learn more about our career opportunities: visit Genero Cloud Engineering Career Opportunities.