Head of Network and Voice Operations & Deployment
Местоположение и тип занятости
This role reports into the Head of Networks and Voice Engineering with global responsibilities to lead the Network and Voice Operations team. This involves support and implementation services across the VTB Capital globe. This position will manage a team of skilled engineers located across our international offices and also any external 3rd party support engineers.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Line management of network and voice operations team globally, ensuring their adherence and integration to corporate standards procedures and culture.
- Ensuring Global 24x7 follow the sun Level 1, 2 and 3 support of network and voice management systems, network services using Cisco Routers and switches IOS, CatOs, Cisco ASA, Juniper Netscreen, Riverbed, Bluecoat, Juniper Remote Access platforms and also voice services using Cisco CUCM, Cisco IPT, IPC products, Nice Recording.
-Being the first management escalation point for network and voice issues.
-Managing the execution of all network and voice operational projects, BCP exercises and office power downs in all global locations.
-Raising and tracking engineering issues with the network and voice engineering team manager to influence and assign appropriate priority and also implement proposed/agreed remediation/solution.
-Ensuring that the Networks and Voice Global inventory is kept up to date at all times.
-Reviewing and approving from an operational perspective new engineering standards from the network engineering and projects team.
- Conducting Operational acceptance of Network and Voice projects from the Engineering team.
-Global approval for all changes in the Networks and Voice environment across the bank.
-Ensuring strict adherence in the team to the change management process.
-Ensuring the delivery of Operational excellence and proactive support including
-Timely generation of operational reports on capacity, risks, incidents etc,
-Technical and operational risk management
-Maintenance of support documentation
-Vendor management to ensure excellent service received from partners and maintenance is placed appropriately for Networks and Voice Equipment
-Ensuring adherence to standards and homogeniality across the global network with a view to ensuring (near) zero audit points against the global network and also delivering periodic self-audits.
-Ensuring execution of Operational changes for both large and small projects within a change management discipline
- Managing implementation work for BAU and project changes, both physical and soft configuration.
- Providing management reports to the Head of the function.
- Overall Budgetary control for Networks and Voice Operations aspects (both RTB and CTB).
- Contract reviewing, consolidation, renegotiation and co-terming.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Experience managing network and voice operations for large mission critical environments.
- Experience of delivering quality in a network and voice operational management function in accordance with a quality assurance framework such as ITIL.
- Experience of managing teams spread over multiple locations and time zones
- Network support/deployment for at least 7 years in an Investment Bank or equivalent Finance based organisation.
- Cisco routing and switching skills to CCIE level or equivalent years of experience.;
- Technical skills and design experience and on an exception basis configuration experience of
-Cisco campus network design
-Cisco Datacenter network design
-Advanced routing and switching (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, etc)
-Experience of working with Cisco 6500’s
- Experience with SIP, H.323 and other media protocols
-Excellent understanding of network security and perimeter networking with an understanding of security threats and mitigations.
-Excellent documentation writing and review skills and Excel skills
-B2B Networks experience gained in an investment or an equivalent financial organization networking to Market Data Providers, exchanges, cash and money brokers.
-Experience to troubleshoot and perform configuration changes during major outages, on an exception basis.
-Good understanding and awareness of Windows Server, Active Directory, LDAP.
-Appreciation of server / blade architectures and techniques
-An exposure and understanding to the types of Business/Finance applications used in an Investment bank.
-Ability to work well under pressure.
-Good communication skills both written and verbal.
-Good commercial awareness, budgeting and cost control
- A team player with energy and a desire to lead within in a fast moving, demanding and progressive environment.
-Ability and experience of leading a change management operational team.
-Ability and experience of leading a global team and organization.
-Ability and experiencing of building relationships and negotiating commercial agreements with vendors and suppliers.
Typical Decisions taken by Job Holder
- Management and technical decisions made under pressure during outages
- Managing competing urgent operationally driven priorities
- Technical decisions in development of operations standards
- Change management and operational risk assessment for BAU network changes
- Critical decisions around operational issues.
In case of interest please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org