Machine Learning Engineer (Relocation to Tallinn)
Местоположение и тип занятости
This position is with full-time relocation to Tallinn, Estonia. Kuehne+Nagel provides high quality legal support needed for non-EU citizen to get work permit in Estonia.
Kuehne+Nagel opened IT Center of Excellence in Tallinn in 2012. Currently it has over 340 employees with average net growth of 75+ employees per year. All of our employees are IT related people: software engineers, various level support, analysts, quality engineers, project managers, IT management, etc. Our working language is English, so you must be fluent in English both oral and written.
We already have more than 100 people from all over the world who relocated to Estonia to work for our IT center. We have 30+ employees who relocated from Russia and Ukraine and are with us for already 2+ years. As part of an interview process we would be happy to put you in direct contact with people who relocated to Estonia to learn more about their experience and help you make decision to relocate.
To learn more about IT landscape in Estonia consider visiting https://www.workinestonia.com/
We are looking for Machine Learning Engineer to join our organization.
This opening is in ISC EMEA organization. ISC EMEA is 200+ people organization that provides IT solutions to 69 countries from EMEA region of Kuehne+Nagel. We work directly with our logistics business on the ground. We identify end users’ needs and deliver solutions to them. We feel, live and act as business decision makers. We chose not to be people who see their goal in building software. We chose to be people who see their goal in solving business problems by means of technology. We invest lot of our time and energy into learning ins and outs of our company’s and our industry’s business, ins and outs of our customers’ (both internal and external) needs. We take the pride, as well as responsibility, for influencing operational business not only via software we build but also via advanced technology vision that we share and educate on our partners in Kuehne+Nagel.
It is argued that logistics industry is the next one on the list for major changes in how it operates due to technology advancements: data availability, data connectivity, real-time decision making, real-time algorithmic optimizations, internet of things, data-driven supply chains, artificial intelligence, etc. Several weeks ago Kuehne+Nagel publicly announced new 5-years strategy - KN+NextGen. It clearly states that our organization believes that this is the right timing for such a change. We have strong ambition to spearhead this change in the boundaries of our industry.
As a result ISC EMEA sees the clear need to build, what we call, Algorithmic Logistics competence to map our advanced technology vision to actually available knowledge, competence and skills. We define Algorithmic Logistics to be a lens through which freight forwarding and logistics business is approached as the problem of building algorithms focused on real-time, multi-dimensional optimization of moving goods from point A to point B based on real-time data. Our partners currently find another definition to be less academic and more appealing: Algorithmic Logistics is about making machines to do things that for experienced freight forwarder was always thought to be an exclusive prerogative of humans.
- Solving challenging business problems by deploying state-of-the-art machine learning pipelines in production
- Collaborating with data scientists and business stakeholders to discover innovative ways of using repositories of user generated data and to improve customer experience with AI and ML approaches
- Taking part of design decisions together with the team and business stakeholders
- Participation in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design
- Implementation and support of business solutions
Skills and qualification
- A proven track record implementing data driven products and a broad understanding of the state of the art in machine learning
- Experience with building Operations Research/Machine Learning algorithms and productionizing them at scale in a distributed computation environment
- We require strong expertise in at least one of the following fields or problem domains: Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Game Theory, Econometrics, Operations Research, Causal Inference / Experimentation, Forecasting, or another area of your choice that you think will help us to give our customers the best experience in the world
- Ability to independently conduct literature survey, find cutting edge heuristics or algorithms, and implement them in an engineering environment
- Interest to understand and mathematically model practical problems within eCommerce and/or supply chain domains
- Proficient with at least one of the languages: Java, Python, C++, Scala, or any other major programming language
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a must