Visa sponsorship and relocation support
RELOCATION: to Nassau, The Bahamas
SALARY: 40,000 USD - 50,000 USD (net) per annum + benefits, bonus, medical, etc.
The Systems Engineer is critical within the Company’s operations team. As an integral part of the organization's Command and Control Centre (C3) each Systems Engineer is tasked with delivering nothing less than service excellence for every interaction. C3 is an ITIL compliant Service Desk, at the expert level, and one where elevated privilege is required. Knowledge within a variety of technologies is a prerequisite for applicants to be successful. This is not for those with less than 3 to 5 years’ industry focused experience and root level server operations expertise within a service provider environment.
The System Engineer:
- Provides a high level of technical expertise for clients via support tickets, walkups, email or over the phone.
- Is the owner of complex problems from the time of an incident being reported until closure of the incident no matter the duration.
- Applies creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems; while effectively communicating with each client via a ticketing system, phone, and email to ensure a transparent service is delivered.
- Is expected to use initiative and advise on potential shortfalls that a client may experience, using existing or planned methods, and suggest alternatives that may better serve the stability and security of the client’s service.
- Maintains diagnoses and administers client’s services whether Windows, Linux, Unix, or another operating system as prescribed by the client.
- Responsible for solving client's technical issues which can include OS level, web server, database server, applications server, DNS, SMTP or other application issues.
- Creates and maintains client loyalty by delivering beyond the expected. Exercises ethical judgment in decision making in order to routinely deliver service excellence.
- 3+ years working in a computer based technical field (preference granted to those with direct Service Provider expertise);
- Computer related degree or certifications (i.e., MCSE, RHCSE, MySQL, Oracle, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, VCP, VCAP, and PCNSE) are an advantage;
- Uses skills as a seasoned experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative and practical ways;
- Mastery of Systems Administration;
- Handles long running issues with tickets potentially lasting for weeks;
- Takes on high risks tasks and is a mentor to all junior colleagues;
- Works with Senior Engineers and Architects supporting ongoing technical projects;
- Constantly improving service model and practices open knowledge sharing with team;
- Migration advice and point of contact for clients;
- Self-driven; ability to manage position without direct supervision;
- Creating of documentation for the development of standards and processes within the C3 Team;
- 24x7x365 operations and shift work;
- Experience with cloud technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, and/or OpenStack;
- Open source community experience (mailing lists, bug reports, patches etc.);
- Demonstrated skill in various scripting languages, such as Bash, Python;
- Working knowledge of automation scripting and framework;
- Ubuntu skills (actual certifications preferred but not required). Other Linux/Unix a plus;
- Support complex applications with distributed architectures;
- Must be eager to learn and build your career in a fast paced startup environment;
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot HTTP, SMTP, and other application flows;
- Thorough working knowledge of DNS to include record type requirements.;
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot server performance issues using native OS tools and utilities;
- Thorough understanding of clustering requirements; ability to build and maintain OS clusters;
- Thorough understanding of server hardware components to include RAID configurations and externally attached storage devices within virtualized environments;
- General understanding of server-side scripting uses with either PowerShell, BASH, or Python;
- General working knowledge of IIS, Apache, and Nginx;
- General experience troubleshooting server level email related issues on Exchange 2013-2016 and other SMTP servers;
- Experience creating, maintaining, troubleshooting and decommissioning virtual servers;
- Experienced with database backup and restore procedures;
- Thorough understanding of server hardening process using industry defined security practices;
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting an active directory environment, to include: domain level trusts, cross domain communication;
- Experienced in evaluating identified vulnerabilities and remediating;
- Experience utilizing a configuration management tool to deploy or manage devices;
- Experience utilizing a monitoring tool, acknowledging and troubleshooting alerts;
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies;
- industry focused: 3 to 5 years
- service provider: 2 years (minimum)
- Working at the Company provides the beauty of The Bahamas with the rush of working at a Silicon Valley like startup.
- We are building a culture of service excellence within the Caribbean region to help develop and entirely new GDP for the people of the region while benefiting the world by provided unparalleled data protection.
- If you want to make a difference and have what it takes to change the world we want to hear from you.
Steps of the interview:
1) Primary Interview: with management to ensure core capabilities and fit with company;
2) Secondary Interview: Technical screening deep dive to understand strengths and weaknesses;
3) Face to Face or Final interview (Panel based);
4) Offer of Employment;