Regulatory Derivatives Reporting is a new application domain set up for meeting regulatory requirements on OTC derivatives - such as EMIR in Europe, Dodd-Frank in US, and recently more jurisdictions in APAC, Switzerland, South Africa, etc. These regulations require banks and financial institutions to report derivatives to designated Trade Repositories, approved and supervised by regulatory institutions.
The domain has a massive flow of new functionality requirements coming from new regulations and large initiatives like MIFID2. It also has a huge focus on architecture work to make the systems modular/scalable/reliable and decrease time to market for new development.
The technology stack is Java for business logic, Drools for rules engine, Oracle for database storage, Apache Storm for data processing, Java Maps/ Hazelcast for caching, Cognos and IBM BM for reporting, Solace/ JMS / IBM MQ for messaging.
There is a new development team being set up in Saint Petersburg to take on both new functionality projects and architecture simplification projects.
This position is for Senior Java developer
•Full life-cycle of development tasks, starting from specification and design to successful implementation and level 3 production support
• Design and develop new functionality
• Working with BAs on functional and non-functional requirements, technical analysis and design
• Coding and testing, reviewing other team member’s changes• Document business and functional requirements, design decisions and API
• Co-working with QA team on test automation of new and existing functionality
• Contribute to the definition of the future state of the system architecture
• When product and architecture experience gained, mentor and direct more junior developers
• Good math and algorithms/complexity
• Excellent knowledge of Java
• Hands-on experience of developing large-scale enterprise systems
• Experience implementing fault-tolerant / load-balancing solution
• Good knowledge of SQL and Unix