QA & Testing Automation Engineer - Autobahn Platform
Position Overview/Role Description
Deutsche Bank is making the next step in expanding footprint of its award winning and highly acclaimed Autobahn platform. Autobahn was the first App-based electronic distribution system in the Financial Services industry which continues to be at the technological forefront and market leader across the industry. It consists of a combination of sophisticated development frameworks for all major desktop and mobile UI technologies, a variety of general-purpose foundation services as well as the Apple’s App Store or Google’s Play - like distribution capabilities. The platform operates on 24x6.5 hour basis, has tens of thousands of concurrent users in all regions across the globe and supports electronic trading flows of tens of billions of US dollars every day.
Autobahn Platform quality is ensured by hundreds of automated tests – regression, functional, performance, etc. Automated tests are written by both developers and QA automation engineers, but it is QA automation team who defines automation strategy, selects technologies and sets up Continuous Integration (TeamCity, Git). We are using many popular open source technologies (e.g. Jasmine, Cucumber, Selenium/Watir, Protractor, Gatling) as well as internal tools (WPF testing framework).
Duties and Responsibilities
· Plan and perform exploratory and functional testing, write features acceptance criteria, test suites and detailed test cases; · Participate in development and extension of “in-house” testing automation tools and frameworks· Maintain and execute regression pack (manual and automated), extend it with new features; · Collaborating and coordinating test activities with vendor, IT, and business users across countries and time zone;· Actively contribute in testing and SDLC process improvements;· Provide QA reporting to dev team and stakeholders.
Experience / Requirements (Required)
· 3+ years experience in software development, testing and support with minimum 2 years in hands-on testing;
· Experience in testing of complex distributed systems, including integration testing of upstream and downstream systems;
· Experience in automation testing;
· Experience in software development lifecycle, processes, models and methodologies, with particular emphasis on agile methodology;
· Experience with test management and bug tracking systems (JIRA and HP ALM is a plus);
· Intermediate English level;
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills, great attention to details;· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience / Requirements (Preferred)
· Experience in UI (Selenium, Protractor) or API test automation (REST);
· Knowledge of SQL, Version Control Systems, continuous integration;
· Basic knowledge of HTTP protocol;
· Experience with tools for viewing, capturing, analyzing the traffic over the network (Fiddler is a plus);
· Experience in security testing;
· Experience working within a remote distributed team;
· Participation and/or completion in Testing certification programs (ISTQB, ISEB or similar).