Technical Lead - IT Officer
Местоположение и тип занятости
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused exclusively on the Private sector. We help developing countries achieve sustainable growth by financing investment, providing advisory services to businesses and governments, and mobilizing capital in the international financial markets. IFC helps clients create jobs, strengthen environmental performance, and contribute to their local communities, while driving our commitments to an all-time high of nearly $19 billion in FY16. IFC is comprised of three operational areas: Investment operations, Advisory Services and IFC Asset Management Company. IFC Investment operations continue to develop new financial products that enable companies to manage risks and broaden their access to foreign and domestic capital markets. IFC Financial Products and Investment Services Include: Loans, Syndicated Loans, Equity Finance, Structured Finance, Risk Management Products, Local Currency Financing, Private Equity & Investment Funds and Trade Finance. IFC provides Advisory services in emerging markets to private sector, national and local governments regarding possibilities to improve their investment climate and strengthen basic infrastructure. Governments account for roughly half of our advisory projects. We also help investment clients improve corporate governance and become more sustainable. IFC Asset Management Company mobilizes and manages funds on behalf of a wide variety of institutional investors - including sovereign funds, pension funds, and development finance institutions. For more information, visit www.ifc.org. Information technology is an integral part of the strategic initiatives for all the Core Business Functions at IFC. Corporate Information Technologies (CIT) Teams provides comprehensive IT support for IFC's Investment & Advisory Services, Financial Operations, Treasury & the Asset Management Company. A robust engagement model with business ensures prioritization of the business requirements & focus on delivery. The application landscape encompasses a wide variety of In-house, Customized COTS products (such as ACBS, Summit, etc.), which meets the business needs of IFC departments. The Technical landscape is continuously updated and some of the core technologies include Oracle, SQL Server, Alliance/SWIFT, C++, and many others. A plethora of IT Risk Management & Quality Assurance products are also used for an enhanced value of Service delivery. The Finance & Accounting unit of the Corporate Information Technology (CIT) department is seeking an IT Officer, Business Solutions with strong technical and management skills to lead a team of staff, consultants and contractors. The position requires a highly motivated and versatile candidate with strong technical knowledge, extensive project management skills on the latest tools and platforms to lead the team and the technical deliverables.The incumbent will report to the Manager of CITBT.Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Independent contributor IT professional, with expertise in a variety of tools, providing value to the business through effective process analysis and requirements development and documentation.
- Provide best practices in technology and provide suggestions for new tools and implementation methodologies.
- Participate in the feasibility analysis for new systems/applications and enhancement of existing applications.
- Interface with business analysts, project managers, and other IT teams across organizations and/or clients to clarify requirements. Develop technical specifications.
- Expected to serve as a technical lead or project manager on small sized projects.
- Participate in systems development, integration efforts, executing as needed to integrate new applications into the installed base.
- Perform coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
- Test own work, lead peer reviews, and contribute to the development of test plans and participate in post-implementation reviews.
- Provide daily operational support for production systems including providing on-call support.
- Write system documentation.
- Participate in user training as appropriate, on new or revised systems/applications.
- Establish systems to monitor the operating efficiency of existing application systems and provides (or arranges for) proactive maintenance.
- Participate in systems design, working within an established framework. Typically provide direction to a team of staff and contractors in their area of expertise, and may be responsible for managing performance of team members.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members. Accountabilities:
- Successfully manage complex projects, processes or services that have impact across multiple areas of the organization, such as across multiple functions, processes, services, etc.
- Contribute subject matter expertise and serve as a technical resource for other professionals in their field.
- Provide direction to staff and contractors in their area of expertise.
- Be responsible for managing performance of team members.
- Work closely with the functional leads to define the strategy to target different audiences in providing user centric solutions focused on improving IFC operational staff productivity.
- Lead the system analysis, design and development of complex systems that integrate with enterprise strategic directions.
- Design solutions to leverage Service Oriented Architecture in a practical and pragmatic fashion.
- Be aware of latest developments in the industry and ensure that solutions being built are future proof
- Implement enterprise grade solutions leverage SP 2013, Oracle, SQL Server .Net, HTML 5 CSS Frameworks, MVC, WCF, Mule ESB and REST API's.
- Plan and schedule work program deliverables including resources and timeline using the appropriate SDLC methodologies including agile scrum.
- Have experience in using TFS and VSS.
- Manage daily technical challenges and communicates to management any risks or issues.
- Interact with the Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Platform teams to ensure that solutions are built in adherence with the defined enterprise standards.
- Closely engage with the Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Platform teams in defining the next generation technology ecosystem components.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Platform systems like Information Workplace(IW), collaboration, document management, web content management, search and mobility teams to ensure enterprise systems support IFC operational user's needs.
- Work with other leads to successfully deliver an integrated work program.
- Build secure and robust systems that adhere to the enterprise security standards.
- Lead a distributed and cross cultural team spread across multiple time zones.
- Work in an integrated fashion in a matrix environment.
Job number 162828
Deadline is May 11, 2017
- The World Bank Group will sponsor work authorization for non-US nationals.
- The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education/Experience: Master's degree with 5 years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
Other Selection Criteria:
- A strong understanding of Corporate Systems and in-depth experience in conducting business process analysis, mapping complex enterprise processes, activities, workflows and identifying gaps between current and future states. Ability to synthesize and document large volume of data.
- Experience with enterprise agile application design and development. Preferably Scrum.
- Experience integrating complex enterprise systems and platforms into productive solutions for end-users with practical experience on leveraging API (REST and SOAP) and ESB.
- Practical experience with building enterprise solutions leveraging Workflow, Rules, .NET tools and frameworks and enterprise level content management systems.
- Be aware of latest developments in the industry and ensure that solutions being built are future proof.
- Experience with software tools used in Requirements discipline and Software Testing discipline.
- The candidate must have proven skills in requirements elicitation, analysis, definition, and management, process modeling and diagramming, use case modeling and development. The candidate should be able to demonstrating artifacts they have produced.
- Experience in documenting technical requirements, use cases, functional and non-functional requirements, traceability matrix, etc.
- Excellent communications and writing skills for functional and technical documents.
- Experience with facilitation skills for session planning and preparation, presentation, knowledge capture and follow-up.
- High degree of knowledge and experience in working with process quality improvement methodologies such as Sigma, Kaizen, Value stream mapping.
- Experience in working with data and exposure to one or more business process modeling tools such as MS Visio.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
- Ability to structure and prioritize requirements to allow iterative implementation.
- Highest ethical standards, personal integrity, effectiveness and demonstrated commitment to teamwork.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and a keen sense of priorities.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills in operating collaboratively across organizational boundaries.
- Coordinate and develop partnerships with colleagues and clients.
- Experience in collaborating with team consisting of contractors from multiple vendor partners.
- Experience in working with the onsite-offshore model.
- Client Understanding and Advising Look at issues from the client’s perspective and advocate for clients within own area so others to focus on meeting client needs.
- Learning Orientation Stay abreast of new trends and developments in own specialty area, the broader industry, and experiments with new approaches or emerging technological solutions to current business needs.
- Broad Business Thinking. Maintain an in-depth understanding of the long term implications of decisions both for related areas within the VPU and the client’s business. Involve key players in identifying operating needs, issues and immediate solutions.
- Business Function Knowledge Propose technical plans that are aligned with business objectives and technical requirements.
- Business Process Knowledge Map full business processes and designs operational process flow.
- Business Requirements Analysis Review customer business requirements and determines where support is needed relative to existing technical systems design.
- Project Management (ITS) Prepare and execute an entire project plan including dependencies.
- Systems Thinking. Research the critical and underlying relationships between primary business, technology and systems platforms.
- Lead and Innovate Support design and develops innovative solutions.
- Deliver Results for Clients Proactively address clients stated and unstated needs.
- Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries Collaborates across boundaries, gives own perspective and willingly receives diverse perspectives.
- Create, Apply and Share Knowledge Apply knowledge across WBG to strengthen solutions for internal and/or external clients.
- Make Smart Decisions Interpret a wide range of information and push to move forward.
- Knowledge of Emerging Technology. Participate in the evaluation or emerging technologies that are new to the information systems industry.
- Strategic Relationship Interact with clients in order to identify opportunities that meet organizational and technological needs, as well as meet internal criteria for best practice that meet the client's specific operational requirements as they relate to its organizational.
- System Development Life Cycle Knowledge (SDLC) Coordinate required tasks for one or more phases of the SDLC.
- Database Knowledge Apply formal methodologies and tools in the analysis, design and implementation of databases.
- Strategic Technology Planning Research architecture/technology needs for a significant work process.
- Vendor and Alliance Management Coordinate effective workflows and processes with one or more vendor and/or alliance partners.
- Compliance with Standards Review reports of client use and adherence to rules and standards.
- Strategic Information Management Planning Research and benchmarks against best practices in IM methods, technology, and policy needs for significant, integrated work processes.
- Analytical Thinking Coordinate the information gathering and reporting process.
- Data Management Analysis and Information Delivery. Identify means of integrating data management and statistical analysis processes, resources and products with the business processes of the organization.
- Data Integration. Able to produce data flow diagrams and source to target specifications, which are in line with the expectations of the data providers and consumers.
- Risk Management. Identify potential risks and develop preventive plans for procedural activities.
- Information Systems / Technologies / Product / Services Knowledge. Identify means of integrating technical support requirements with enterprise processes and strategies.
- Technology Knowledge. Integrate information from multiple sources into the design and development of the infrastructure.
- Information Management Services Governance. Analyze issues and contributes to information management services related policies and formulates and implement standards, guidelines, and procedures pertaining to information management services.
- Knowledge of Institutional and ITS Policies, Processes, procedures and Services. Serve as a resource to other professionals on the WBG organization, institutional and ITS’s policies, processes, services and procedures.
Job number 162828
Deadline is May 11, 2017