UI/UX Designer & Developer
Местоположение и тип занятости
UI/UX Designer & Developer
We at HackPack are seeking a talented programmer/designer who loves understanding users and creating design that makes them love the tools we create. Big plus if the individual is interested in journalism and the media industry.
This is a freelance position for the first 3 months and may develop further as need increases. On average 20hrs / week.
Must have knowledge
- Three years of experience working in a similar position
- Portfolio of works
- Good knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Strong knowledge of how to use Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, etc.
- Full understanding of design principles
- Loves following the trends for modern design concepts
- Attention to detail and concern for every minute matter
- At least intermediate English skills
Nice to haves
- HTML5, CSS3
- Motivated by more than money. Ideally, you love the idea of creating a great product to be used all over the world.
- Online presence. You write a blog or newsletter about design and promote your knowledge to the rest of the world.
- Communicating with a project team. You are used to working with an international team all over the world (we’re in Berlin, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Moscow and travel constantly). You can handle remote work and strive to ensure communication doesn’t break down and we hit our deadlines.
Immediate and near-future responsibilities
- Implement the new design we have for our landing page
- Evaluate the internal portions of the site and improve the design for UI/UX
- Twitter-like Feed
- Creating job posts
- Implement the improved designs
- Improve the design and implement in other portions of the site
- Payment Process
- Registration Process
- Project Management tool
HackPack.press is the global network for the media industry, strengthening independent journalism and helping media outlets better inform the public about the news that matters. Consider it MoiKrug for the media industry. The network connects over 8000 journalists, fixers, photographers, videographers, editors and experts in 140 countries. This way journalists can earn a living specializing in an area, media outlets can more easily and cost-effectively produce original content, and companies can find talented professionals to help them produce content. We work with publications such as Al Jazeera, NPR, BBC, Kommersant, Meduza and more.
For more information, contact:
Justin Varilek, CEO and Founder at email@example.com or Whatsapp: +1 781 460 1640
Payment is at an hourly basis, depending on the skill and capabilities of the individual.
Be sure to have a link to previous work examples so we can understand what projects you have worked on and your design style.