DealerSocket is the software punch behind the largest automobile dealers in the United States. 31% of all cars are sold using DealerSocket software. We have the best and brightest employees with Development Centers Of Excellence in Kaliningrad Russia, Southern California, Utah, Wisconsin and Texas. Our real strength is in the exceptional quality of work we do, and how we put our heads together to offer clients something powerful, cutting-edge, and distinct on every level. Our company culture centers around that effort, but it’s also about ensuring that we enjoy making it happen. We get involved in our local community through charity and volunteer projects and at the same time we create a community of our very own with events like parties, retreats, team sports and impromptu gatherings in the game room. Get through the screen door and on to our porch!
Software General Manager is responsible for running all aspects of a software center of excellence (COE). We seek a leader with previous proven experience building a culture in line with our corporate values, overseeing the hiring process of our growing engineering staff, making sure that everyone in the office is challenged and happy along with providing general leadership responsible for all aspects of running a remote office reporting into our headquarters in the U.S. Technial experience is desired as it is important to work next to and server our engineers who will be your customer. Past experience running a software consulting shop or a software development team with several 8 member squads will also be a requirement. We are looking for a strong leader who can inspire and motivate our team in Russia as we grow.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage an office of 50+ employees with experience in leadership over accounting, office management, software engineering and operations.
- Lead, mentor and support a highly effective team of passionate engineers fostering a healthy agile culture.
- Enable an office culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation and excellence while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our engineering organization
- Some infrequent travel to the main office in the United States may be required.
- Report to the VP of Engineering in the United States, Utah office.
- Lend oversight to Accounting, Recruiting and Engineering teams.
- Be flexible to work with and take direction from multiple managers – representing Accounting, Corporate Office management and Engineering.
- Assist the local Engineering squads to meet their goals by providing support, guidance, leadership and mentorship.
- Build cross department relationships centered on executing company strategy
- Exemplify DealerSocket cultural values
- Responsibility for Corporate governance in Russia – you will be the key point of contact for DealerSocket in Russia.
- Measure KPI’s such as velocity, estimation accuracy and defect percentages
- Competitive salary
- Relocation incentives and first 3 months of apartment rent
- Medical, Life insurance
- Partial reimbursement of sport activities (gym, pool)
- Opportunity to participate in IT conferences
- Flexible working hours
- Paid sick days
- Comfortable office in the city centre
- Professional growth in the international business environment