We are seeking a Data Operations Engineer to join our Data Technology team with the responsibility of automating, deploying, monitoring and performing error recovery of various data munging processes. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Understand existing, and review design of the future Company's products.
- Automate and deploy processes developed by Data Engineers and / or Software Engineers
- Develop monitoring and alerting tools.
- Perform standard procedures for:
- monitor data munging processes;
- perform error recovery;
- identify root causes of errors.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Linux.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Demonstrated programming skills in one or more of: Bash/Shell, Python, Perl, and automation.
- Familiarity with one or more of large-scale data processing technologies (hive, pig, Map/Reduce).
- Experience of working with large data volumes (processing of more than 1 GB of data per day).
- Experience in analytical insights.
- Must be able to speak and write English effectively.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information System Management or related field.
- Minimum Experience Requirements: 3 years of experience in data processing field.