Senior\Middle Backend engineer (Ruby) Relocating to Finland
Местоположение и тип занятости
We have a distributed system based on cloud platforms and services that we would like to develop above and beyond. As a part of the development team, you will be adding new features to the existing product. You will work with AWS Services, such as Kinesis, Redshift, SQS, etc., and other cloud solutions suitable for high-loaded systems. We are looking developers into several squads of the company — both customer-faced products and internal ecosystem written in Ruby or Node.js depending on the service.
Who you are
If you consider yourself an eager learner, a conscientious worker, and a thoughtful, kind, supportive human, we’re happy to accept you. You like to communicate proactively all the challenges ahead, making sure that all the expectations around are aligned properly. And of course, you like coding.
We’re looking for a skilled backend developer who would like to work for an international company that gives developers freedom, respect, flexible hours.
- 3+ years of experience in web development, including decent experience in backend (Ruby or Node.js)
- Fluent Russian speaker, as our development team speaks Russian mostly
- Solid understanding of how distributed systems are built and web technologies in general
- You know the aspects of OOP, FP, SOLID, DRY and use them wisely
- Knowledge of some application design and development patterns and principles and the ability to apply them
- Good understanding of how to debug and profile the code, find bottlenecks in performance
- Ability and willingness to take ownership of some parts of the system
- Ability to write in English; speaking and fluency is a huge plus
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn a lot in a short time (i.e., can you handle the guaranteed high demands on your brainpower?)
- A great team player who is able to share their work with their teammates and solve big problems in cooperation
- Good analytical skills, ability to make truthful conclusions on problems and their causes
It's also natural for you to ask questions and say if there's something you're not that familiar with yet. There is always room to grow and learn, and you don't need to be perfect, no-one is. This is how we see honesty and humanity.
- Relocation into HQ office in Helsinki, Finland (another country may be discussed).
- Competitive salary
- Mobile phone benefit and paid home internet connection
- Reimbursement of expenses for professional books and courses related to work
- Reimbursement of expenses related to visiting conferences and professional events
- Friendly environment
Read what our employees have to say about life at Videoly on Habr.Careers (in Russian) or Glassdoor (in English)