QA SQL in DA/BI Department
Местоположение и тип занятости
Roles and Responsibilities in Quality Assurance
Job responsibilities require that the QA Data Analyst meet the critical job demands, including but not limited to, the following key areas:
- Confirm the accuracy of various data updates and extracts, which involves understanding the logic of complex queries, stored procedures, triggers, and functions based on requirements, writing appropriate test queries, and executing them to verify the logic and data.
- Work closely with data engineers, business analysts, and other QA team members to identify, report, and troubleshoot defects; verify problem fixes in a detailed, efficient, and timely manner.
- Review requirements specifications and identify gaps and inconsistencies.
- Confirm the accuracy of initial import of data involving hundreds, thousands, or even millions of records.
- Work closely with business partners in eliciting project requirements to create test cases.
- Understand the context of work and write or evaluate test plans and/or set up and execute test cases, to confirm data on normal and exceptional records, to cover various data scenarios and anomalies.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Excellent analytical and organizational skills; Strong deductive reasoning.
- A strong understanding of financial data.
- Ability to multi-task and work separate projects in a fast paced & dynamic company environment and extremely tight timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited direction or as part of a team.
- SQL to include understanding of the following concepts:
- Aggregates: COUNT, SUM, MAX/MIN, DISTINCT, GROUP BY, HAVING
- JOINs syntax.
- UNION vs UNION ALL
- Expert-level SQL to include thorough understanding of the following concepts:
- NULL handling
- Sub queries: IN, EXISTS, and inline views, Correlated Subqueries
- Constraints, Primary keys, foreign keys, defaults
- Error trapping
- BCP, BULK INSERT
- Advanced stored procedures and user defined functions programming
- Query PLANs
- Correct usage of views and temp tables and common table expression for pulling, creating, and updating data.
- 1+ years’ of very strong experience in database testing with the ability to understand, write, and execute very complex SQL queries, and understand the logic of stored procedures.
- 1+ years’ experience working with PostgreSQL 10+.