Here at Faraway, we are making massively social, blockchain games. We believe in open economies, true digital ownership, and most importantly, that “fun” is a store of value.
Our ideal teammates are low ego, hard-working, and self-motivating. Our culture is based around hard work, high ownership, leading by example, and last but not least, always doing the right thing by our community. If this sounds like a team you’d like to join, then continue reading.
About this Role:
As the Director of Product for our fun-filled shooter, you will be an expert in all areas of product management including monetization and retention mechanics, economy balancing, and game events that support retention and engagement. You will work with multi-disciplinary teams from product conception and throughout production to shape and thoroughly document the product strategy, including feature sets, merchandising, purchasing drivers, pricing, and other success factors. You must have a deep understanding of free-to-play game design and live ops, but you must never forget that an open economy and governance model is a paradigm shift in how you
must approach the problem.
- Conceptualise, design, and prepare documentation and user stories for new features and content including game modes, meta progression, rule-based events, among others;
- Develop a deep understanding of our players: their problems, their needs, their desires and translate them into exceptional experiences;
- Work with Producers to schedule and scope features, providing them with the necessary system design documentation and mockups to deliver to art, engineering, and QA teams;
- Leverage business intelligence, user analytics, and quant+qual analysis to monitor the fun and health of the game, economy, and community; prioritize product features that promote retention and long-term economic health;
- Research the latest blockchain and free-to-play design models and implement these best practices into the economy;
- Work hard and lead by example.
- Must be passionate about games and the interaction of blockchain and gaming;
- 10+ years of experience as a PM or Data Analyst on a successful free-to-play game or highly social consumer product;
- Expert understanding of game system and economy design and player psychology;
- Ability to work closely with technical teams to design and implement features and systems that our community will love;
- Advanced Excel/Economy Modeling, Data Visualization, and Presentation skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics / Economics / Finance, or another quantitative field;
- Love for games.
- Deep understanding of midcore free-to-play games and live ops;
- Experience contributing to risk and profitability decisions in a marketplace setting;
- Masters or PhD in Economics with a focus on Mechanism Design.
- High salary and bonuses;
- Fully remote work;
- Work with supportive high-professional top-management team;
- Help with relocation in the EU;
- Online English courses.
- Opportunity of building a global project in strong remote international team (Russia, Europe, US);
- Prospects for professional and career growth and development;
- Distributed around the world team;
- Friendly young team of well-rounded technical and humanitarian success-oriented people;
- Close-knit team built on the principles of mutual respect and mutual support;
- Democratic leadership and clear communication;
- The opportunity not only to work and earn, but also to learn something new.
Salary and bonuses are very competitive