Software Development Engineer (Mid/Senior, Java, Remote)
Местоположение и тип занятости
Ennabl is here to revolutionize the insurance industry by pioneering the next big tech leap. We are combining collaboration and process with embedded intelligence to streamline the clutter of inefficient tools in the insurance industry.
We are a groundbreaking startup in Greenwich, CT with a global team working tirelessly in multiple time zones. We are looking for teammates who are driven to help change an industry, in a revolutionary way!
Who we are looking for ?
Our ideal candidate will be a quick learner and able to work both independently and as a team player. They should be an excellent coder and have extensive experience in building modern cloud-based applications using a micro-service approach.
Some technologies that we use
We use variety of modern tools and services for our application, including:
Kotlin, Scala, Apache Spark, Elasticsearch, AWS RDS (Postgresql), AWS DynamoDB, AWS S3, AWS Glue, AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda, AWS ECS (Fargate, Docker), AWS CodePipeline, and many others.
Our services are thoughtful designed using microservice approach. We utilise serverless computing where it is beneficial. We believe in CI/CD and use it everywhere.
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Good coding skills and understanding of CS fundamentals
- Experience with one of modern programming languages: Koltin, Scala, Typescript, Python, Go, etc.
- Good writing and communication skills
- Ability to communicate in English (both writing and verbal)
- Most important: ability to learn new technologies in a short period of time
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience building data-driven web applications
- Experience with cloud platforms: AWS or Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience with large-scale data processing frameworks like Apache Spark, Apache Flink, etc.
- Knowledge of modern frontend technologies: react, redux, GraphQL, etc.
- Familiar with emerging trends in desktop, web, and mobile app development
- Experience with deployments, dev ops
Why join us ?
There are many reasons to join us, but here are just a few:
- People are our main asset - we are a great collaborative and friendly team of professionals where every voice is being heard and everyone is ready to help you. Be sure you will feel safe and cozy for your very first day! Moreover, occasionally we get together in some cool places like New York, Dominican Republic to have some fun and get to know each other better.
- At ennabl, we insist on the highest standards of code quality, we use only modern programming languages and libraries (no legacy code!) and we have a ton of interesting engineering problems to solve!
- Every employee is an OWNER and is offered company equity;
- Fully remote work - want to work from a cottage by the sea? Go for it!
- All employees receive best-in-class equipment (latest MacBook Pro, Apple keyboard/mouse/trackpad, etc.) - we ensure that our engineers are not hindered by outdated hardware;
- "No Meetings Wednesday" - All employees are guaranteed at least one day with no distractions with formal meetings - your time to code, code, code!
- Regular lunch & learn sessions - great opportunity to share your knowledge or learn something new;
- Learning days - we believe that as an engineer part of your job is to always look around and learn new technology, new trends in software development, etc. So we periodically run learning days when at least 4 hours of your time is dedicated to learn new stuff, you choose any topic/technology you're interested in and just learn&experiment!
- If you reside outside of Ireland we provide an opportunity to relocate to our software development center in Dublin, Ireland and receive compensation in Euros.