At T-Systems we believe that the next step in cloud will be an ecosystem of distributed workloads along edge locations and central datacenters for compute-intensive tasks. Besides the distribution itself, data and technology sovereignty become more important for customers in the European Union – that is how the GAIA-X initiative was born.
To meet the requirement of more data and technology sovereignty, T-Systems decided to build an own cloud ecosystem based on Kubernetes that complies to the requirements of more distributed workloads, containerization and technology/data sovereignty.
While a group of engineers is working on the platform itself, we are looking for experts that help customers of T-Systems to use the platform by migrating, redesigning and containerizing applications and move them to the Sovereign Cloud platform in either T-Systems datacenters or on the customers premises.
“We are building a strong center of competence here in St.Petersburg, working closely together with our colleagues and partners in Germany. That's your chance to be part of new cloud ecosystem creation. Grab it!”
Daniil Shulgin, Head of Delivery Unit
- You help our customers with migrating workloads to our Kubernetes-based Sovereign Cloud Platform;
- Design of target architecture and containerization of existing customer applications;
- Ensure scalability and reliability of applications and the success of the migration to the Sovereign Cloud platform;
- Collaboration with Sovereign Cloud engineering team to identify needs on the market and a customer-centric roadmap design;
- Development of HELM charts for customer applications together with the DevOps team.
We are expecting from you:
- Extensive knowledge of cloud-native architecture and applications;
- Fluency in at least one “glue-language” like Python, Go, Bash or alike;
- In-depth experience with at least one major hyperscale cloud like Google Cloud, AWS or Azure;
- Hands-on development experience of Kubernetes applications and automation of Kubernetes-based workloads;
- Knowledge of application architecture and containerization of applications;
- Written and verbal communication skills in English, ability to communicate effectively in a global team.