AppFollow is an App review management and App Store Optimization (ASO) platform.
Our primary goal is to simplify the everyday routines of app developers, product managers, marketing teams, customer support, etc. AppFollow helps you gather and manage your apps and games data, increase app average rating, improve app store rankings, and app user loyalty.
As a Backend Team Lead, you will lead, coach, and take care of the backend team of 13 Python developers. Our development team consists of 40+ engineers (BE, FE, QA, DevOps, ML), data analysts, and UI/UX designers.
We need someone who ensures the backend team achieves overall business objectives and focuses on professional development for each individual in the team.
We’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in a technical leadership position: hiring, onboarding, mentoring, professional growing
- 5+ years of experience in backend development with required tech stack (Python, Flask, Django frameworks, SQL & NoSQL DBs)
- Deep understanding of aiohttp or asyncio frameworks
- Awareness of pros & cons of microservices architecture and RESTful API
- Basic knowledge of CI/CD, Gitlab CI, Docker, k8s
Your activities will include:
- Lead the backend developers team, hire new ones, mentor and collaborate with them on personal and career growth
- Manage all of the assigned backend activities and execute the development strategy: quarterly priorities, tech debt, implement new functions
- Establish and evolve development processes and practices, conduct code reviews and retrospectives, cultivate the Agile approach
- Manage the team and individual performance, participate in regular performance reviews, provide each team member with the performance feedback
- Facilitate knowledge sharing within the backend team
- Create a productive and enjoyable work environment for the team
- Help to solve the technical issues in the development field
- Participate in the decision-making sessions on development issues, such as architecture, tech stack, etc.
Benefits we offer
- Full-time remote job. Though you’re always welcome to spend time with us in our office in Helsinki. Or to meet in a co-working with the colleagues who live in the same location as you
- Quarterly and annual bonuses based on achieving KPIs and your personal performance and extra efforts
- 35 days of paid vacation. Take the time you need to stay charged. By prior agreement, you can have days off for special occasions, we are pretty flexible here
- Paid corporate meet-ups. We get together twice a year at various locations (St. Petersburg, Moscow, Helsinki, Riga, etc.) to work and spend time together offline. We bear all the travel costs for your accommodation, flights, lodging, and other business travel expenses
- We compensate 50% of all of your education costs, including English courses
- Health insurance
- You’ll have executive-level visibility into how the company is running and performing
- We’re always ready to provide dedicated support and fast-track your on-boarding, give you the tools you need to be successful