SRE / DevOps Engineer
Местоположение и тип занятости
Whisk is the thriving cooking community available on iOS/Android, Web and Samsung hardware (Whisk was acquired by Samsung in 2019). Today we reach millions of users across many markets and languages.
Our team is approx 100 people - mostly product and engineering. We’re 100% distributed - with people based in LA, UK, Russia, Serbia, Korea, Tel Aviv and a few places in between. We’ve been working in a distributed way since 2016 and have pioneered many distributed working practices.
About the role
We’re looking for an SRE / DevOps Engineer to join Whisk Infrastructure team of 3 highly skilled engineers.
Infrastructure Team — provides a technical platform to help product teams reach Company goals.
- Data pipelines architecture
- Performance improvements
- Server and cloud infrastructure
- Code infrastructure
- Observability infrastructure
- Improvements and support CI / CD etc.
- Google Cloud + small amount of VMs (CI, ML, analytics)
- Stateless services running in Kubernetes (~60) communicating using gRPC and Thrift (legacy). Exposed using HTTP and gRPC API.
- Google Cloud PubSub
- ML services (batch + realtime) with a bit of C++/Rust
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
Team focus/ Responsibilities
- Further development of CI/CD
- Continuous scalability and performance improvements
- Geo distribution across USA, Europe and Asia-Pacific
- Everything-as-a-Code. Minimize manual actions.
- On-demand creation of development environments
- You have experience in the Devops / SRE role from 3 years
- Cloud Solutions (VMs, networking, load balancing, etc.)
- Kubernetes, kustomize, Helm - from 2 years
- Terraform, Ansible(Chef/SaltStack/Puppet)
- Experience in operations of different types of Databases (Relational, Document, KV, Columnar),
- Building High availability systems
- Proficiency in English.
Type of Work
- Contract-based (Long-term project), full-time (40 hours per week),
- 100% remote, we are open for applications from any country
- Time zone preferred: any which, allows you to work comfortably with GMT+3