Senior Android Developer for EPAM
Местоположение и тип занятости
Currently, we are looking for a remote Senior Android Developer to join our team.
Our customer is a mobile network operator and internet service provider. It is currently the largest mobile network operator in the UK and the largest provider of 4G services in Europe.
We are using a cutting-edge mobile technology stack, such as Clean Architecture, Dagger 2, Volley, RxJava, currently moving to Kotlin; for testing – Espresso, Mockito, etc. We deliver monthly feature-oriented releases that help our customer become even more effective in their business and attract a wider audience by improving the user experience.
We follow Agile methodologies as our team works closely with the Product Owner, the Business Analysts, and the UX/UI designers on a daily basis.
If you are looking for an interesting and challenging position that requires constant learning, growth and improvement, we can provide you with such an opportunity!
Please note that even though you are applying for this position, you may be offered other projects to join within EPAM Anywhere.
Join EPAM Anywhere to quickly and easily find projects that match your knowledge and experience, while working with Forbes Global 2000 clients, building a successful IT career, and earning competitive rewards. The platform provides additional perks, including a flexible schedule, professional development opportunities, and access to a community of experts.
- Develop a native Android mobile application
- Cover the codebase with unit and UI tests
- Perform bug fixing and improving the application performance
- Provide PR reviewing
- Work within a team of developers to complete the proposed initiatives, contributing to the application architecture and providing implementation guidance
- Quickly develop and understand our clients’ requirements, technology needs and solution architecture
- Collaborate with a remote team on the client-side and internal cross-functional teams to design and develop the appropriate features
- Participate in Agile ceremonies
- Continuously investigate and discover to maximize development efficiency
- Proven working experience in Android app development
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Strong knowledge of the Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Production experience in Kotlin
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Good understanding of networking, caching of local data, and multitasking on Android
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs for connecting Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
- Experience with third-party libraries and services
- Experience with Agile processes
- Strong leadership, ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, with a mix of local and remote resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Work in enterprise-level projects on a long-term basis
- You will have a 100% remote full-time job
- Unlimited access to learning courses (EPAM training courses, English regular, other)
- Community of 38,000+ industry’s top professionals