Senior Python Developer (удаленный вид сотрудничества)
Местоположение и тип занятости
On The Spot Development is a boutique software development company, which brings together a unique blend of technological know-how and creativity, to build bespoke world-class software solutions for our clients.
About the project:
Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. The mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a premium vehicle.
Via's technology is also deployed worldwide through dozens of partner projects with public transportation agencies, private transit operators, taxi fleets, private companies, and universities, seamlessly integrating with public transit infrastructure to power cutting-edge on-demand mobility.
We're looking for entrepreneurs who are excited about getting in on the ground floor of a fast-growing start-up; imaginative thinkers who relish wearing multiple hats and never back down from a challenge. We want people who get things done.
Now we're looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join the Via project.
The position is to be part of a Development team responsible for our production quality, cutting-edge server software, and scalable, robust infrastructure to deliver the company's ride-sharing service in NYC and globally. You will also build the cloud-based tools that enable our dispatch operators and drivers to seamlessly handle real-time shared rides on a mass scale.
About the Role
- Implement the components that bind complex routing, real-time customer and driver management, mass-scale user communication into a complete, mission-critical service;
- Define and implement effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions based on best-in-class standard tools. Designing and implementing POCs and production-ready sub-systems to handle customer service, advanced analytics, operational shift management and more.
Who You Are
- You have 4+ years of Python programming experience;
- You have a solid background in an object-oriented programming language;
- You are familiar with cloud-based deployment (AWS or other platforms);
- You are not afraid of multitasking and switching between different programming languages, each suitable for different tasks;
- You have experience working with remote teams;
- You are a fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods;
- You are a team player with great communication skills;
- You are pragmatic. When you hear about a difficult problem you are able to transform it into a simple one (or more), that you can easily solve;
- You are concise - you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way;
- You are proficient in English.
What Catches Our Eye
- Computer Science degree or similar;
- Some experience with frontend development using Angular/React;
- Proficiency in Python.