Местоположение и тип занятости
DICE is the world’s most-loved discovery and ticketing platform for live shows and live streams, delivering exclusive, high quality entertainment to fans across the world.
We connect fans and creators with our technology, working closely with the best artists, promoters and venues in music and culture. Our partners include Avant Gardner in New York, Primavera Sound in Barcelona, and Pitchfork Festival in Paris.
DICE is a place for people who are ambitious, humble and talented. For those who want to learn at pace and have a true passion for music and culture. Our original HQ is in London, we are building a second HQ in New York, and we have teams in LA, Paris, Barcelona, Milan, Mumbai and Samara.
And now, we’re looking for a Backend Engineer to join the DICE Product team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our backend apps are written mostly in Elixir and Go. They feed information to our apps with GraphQL and REST API, handling millions of transactions for ticket sales.
Here’s some more context: our code is hosted in GitHub, which we use for pull requests and code reviews. Our pipelines are managed by Travis CI and each commit builds a Docker container. We spin up short term Kubernetes clusters with the new feature branch of the app you’re working on so our QA team can test your feature in the entire stack. Then we merge the code and push it to the production cluster. That’s it :)
- Developing our backend system written in Elixir
- Providing technical insights and timescale estimations
- Working with product managers, testers, engineers and designers
- Quickly building new concepts to test assumptions
- Creating maintainable software with clean code, unit tests and documentation
- Developing our ticketing and streaming systems
- Passionate, humble and talented
- A fan of music and culture
- Actively responsible
- Keen to collaborate
- Able to balance moving fast with writing resilient code
- Proven experience with Ruby on Rails or similar frameworks
- Interest in Elixir and Phoenix
- A track record of developing systems at scale
- Experience implementing efficient solutions
- Strong understanding of how databases work internally
- Knowledge of how OSes and Linux work internally
- Experience integrating third-party services