Frontend Engineer, remote
Местоположение и тип занятости
Whisk is the thriving cooking community available on iOS/Android, Web and Samsung hardware (Whisk was acquired by Samsung in 2019). Today we reach millions of users across many markets and languages.
Our team is 90+ people - mostly product and engineering. We’re 100% distributed - with people based in LA, UK, Russia, Serbia, Korea, Tel Aviv and a few places in between. We’ve been working in a distributed way since 2016 and have pioneered many distributed working practices.
About the Senior Frontend developer role
Our core system is a complex entity graph consisting of recipes, products, nutrients, retailer products, etc. We expect you will be involved in all stages of development from designing solutions to deploying artifacts on production.
Since our team is fully distributed, it is important for us that you can organize yourself and are not afraid to communicate with other team members.
You will join a Digital Appliances Projects and Products Team, the team already has 4 backend developers and 2 QA. You’re going to start a new page of Whisk and Samsung collaboration contributing to Smart Things Cooking App. You are also going to be involved in a growth loop extending Whisk widget features installed across more than 150 sites.
We are ready to share our knowledge and we are ready to learn something new from you. We are an open-minded team and not afraid to try new technologies if it can move us forward.
- 3+ years of experience in front-end development;
- You should have experience with static type-checking (e.g. TypeScript);
- Proven, outstanding client-side JS knowledge;
- Demonstrated ability to write modular and well-tested code;
- Proven experience in project architecture design;
- Production experience with Angular/React/MobX/Redux,
- Ability to self-organize and efficiently work remotely;
- Working proficiency in English.
Good to have experience with/ if you are familiar with:
- GRPC protocol
- NodeJS backend development (we have several Node.js backend services, but do not expect to actively develop them)
- You will work in the Digital Appliances Projects and Products Team, developing Smart Things Cooking App, Whisk Widget,
- You will build new features and maintain the current code base,
- You will raise ideas and suggest improvements for the application,
- You will take part in code and design reviews,
- You will make sure that systems are built to high-quality standards.
Type of Work
- Contract-based (Long-term project), full-time (40 hours per week),
- 100% remotely,
- Time zone preferred: from GMT+3 to GMT+7 (you will need to communicate with Russian and Korean colleagues, so these time zones could be a bit more convenient).
Please provide your code examples (links to GitHub, Stackoverflow etc) along with your CV in English.
If you don't have a Career Habr account, please send your CV to Olga.Andryushina@samsungnext.com