Join a high-quality engineering team with the hands-on CTO from SpaceX, MySpace, and Honest Company.
Who we are
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Right Balance applies the latest technology and the best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We're in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client just raised a $50M series B round of funding and is looking to double the engineering team in the next 6 months. It's your chance to join a high-quality engineering team with the hands-on CTO from SpaceX, MySpace, and Honest Company.
Text messaging adoption is growing rapidly. Now, an average person spends 23 hours a week texting. The product is a text messaging automation software platform allowing E-Commerce store owners to do most of their customer communication over text messaging as opposed to old-school calls and emails.
The technology stack is React.js on the front end with Redux Saga, Storybooks, slick-looking UI with a custom design system, and an AI-powered conversation builder using the Canvas API.
The front end is powered by Python / Django backend API on top of a PostgreSQL database with Kafka processing high throughput text messages at the scale of 10s of millions messages per day. Soon we'll be adding NoSQL and Kubernetes into the mix. Join us, it'll be a lot of fun!
- 7+ years of experience.
- Deep knowledge of Python, Django (of Flask or FastAPI), PostgreSQL/MySQL.
- Ability to write clean, modular, scalable, well-tested code, setting an example for others.
- Ability to lead by example, understand client's goals, create and implement solutions to achieve them in a team setting.
- Experience working directly with a Product Manager, Designer, QA Engineer in a highly collaborative and proactive way.
- Strong knowledge of scalable backend API architecture, best practices, and tools.
- Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Clear understanding of the runtime complexity of the code being written.
- Ability to think outside of the box and work on the same project long term with a high degree of care.
Nice to haves
- A formal Computer Science degree.
- Working experience in a proper Agile / Scrum team environment.
- Deep understanding of automated testing, ability to set up automated testing frameworks, testing architecture, data seeding, mocking, and implementing best testing practices.
- Deep understanding of runtime complexity and memory complexity using Big O notation.
- Growth stage startup experience.
- Technical leadership experience.
- Team management experience.
- Open source contributions, presentations, and publications.
What the process stages are
1. Short English Assessment session with Tri Foundation team.
2. Technical interview with the Right Balance team.
3. Two interviews with the client's team.
The whole process usually takes no longer than 1-2 weeks.
What's in it for you
- Work with the latest and greatest technologies.
- Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
- We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings.
- Other than that you're in control of your own schedule. Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
- Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices.