IntelliJ IDEA appeared on the market for Java software developers since 2000. It was the first development environment to implement automated code refactorings. Today IntelliJ IDEA still drives innovation in software development, making thousands of programmers more productive. It is the only commercial IDE in its segment to successfully compete with multiple free alternatives, year after year. IntelliJ IDEA includes various development tools for other languages such as Ruby, Groovy, Scala, Python and PHP.
As part of our team, you will help develop IntelliJ IDEA Platform UI subsystem and OpenJDK based Java Runtime.
- 4+ years of working experience in C/C++ programming
- Good knowledge of Java
- Deep understanding of OOP
- Multithreaded programming experience
- Familiar with native UI application development on Unix, Windows or macOS.
- Ability to optimize and refactor other people's code as well as your own
- Responsibility, independence, discipline
- Good teamwork skills
- Knowledge of other languages and libraries (Objective-C, Swift, OpenGL, D3D, Metal)
- Familiarity with JVM architecture
- Spacious comfortable office (open 24/7) with a private parking lot.
- Competitive salary: determined individually, but above industry average.
- Bonuses based on your performance.
- Voluntary health insurance for employees, their spouse, and their children under age 18 (including dental insurance).
- 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- Full salary during sick leave.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Hot meals, free drinks, fruits, and snacks.
- Office library with specialized work-related books and magazines.
- Office gym (with washrooms), massage room, and a recreational zone.
- Training, including English and German language classes.
- Opportunities to travel to professional conferences in Europe and the US.
- Job relocation help.