Lead Frontend Web Engineer (relocation to Bangkok)
Местоположение и тип занятости
Working at Amity is an opportunity to step up your career in a global tech scale-up on a journey to become Thailand’s first tech unicorn. 🦄 Backed by leading VC firms with more than $30M funding raised to date, Amity aims to become one of the world’s largest operators of social networks and social experiences. By joining us, you will have the chance to work make a real impact by building the foundation of our success and progress fast in a hyper-growth environment.
We’re all team players here, and we are proud of our growing family that now counts around 200 people from approximately 30 nationalities! Be ready to work with an international team of passionate people distributed over our 5 offices in Amsterdam, Austin (TX), Bangkok, London, and Milan.
Our product, Amity Social Cloud, is a collection of SDKs that enables companies to easily integrate social features into their app or digital channels. With our solutions, brands can create their own social platform, so they don't need to rely on third-party giants anymore. We believe that any app has the power to connect people and foster communities to boost engagement, retention, and monetization. With clients including industry-leading enterprises such as TrueID, Unilever, and AirAsia, Amity Social Cloud delivers three billion messages per month and serves over 10 million active users.
Discover more: https://www.amity.co/about
In order to build a world-class team, Amity welcomes people from all over the world. We are an international company and happy to support our new top talents with a relocation allowance to successfully move and settle in Bangkok.
Lead Front-End Web Engineer
You will join a multinational (7 nationalities) team of more than 10 engineers who are passionate about Web technologies, cool products, and tech memes. We build friendly and open communication within the team where everyone can state the opinion and affect the future of the team and the products we work with.
About the Web Team:
- We put emphasis on the quality of the code, where each piece of the code will be reviewed by at least one another Web Engineer.
- Each Web Engineer works day to day in a small cross-functional team per product (Feature Team), each of which has a dedicated Web, iOS, Android, and Backend Engineers, QA, and PO.
- The work is typically organized into two-week sprints with daily stand-ups, sprint planning/grooming, and retrospective.
- As members of the Web Team, we have a weekly meeting with the team to share our knowledge, experiences, or challenges with other Amity Web Engineers from different cross-functional teams.
- As the Web Team, we maintain aligned syntax, security, and quality standards across all the Amity Web applications.
- As a Web Engineer, you will be often required to deliver the most complicated core features of the product.
- As a Lead, you will be responsible to maintain a horizontal view over the multiple projects of the product; make sure to maintain coherence between the different projects in both functionalities and technical approaches, and support their team in their implementation.
- You will have to support your team in operational tasks such as defining processes for the team to collaborate as well as more hands-on tasks like setting up CI for the projects, reviewing critical pull requests and so on.
- Support and mentor the team members.
- Drive the quality of the delivered web applications of the whole Product Line.
Your ideal profile:
- Experience in shipping SDKs/libraries, understanding the challenges of a UI-less product.
- Previous experience in leading and managing engineering teams: mentoring, coaching, and supporting other team members.
- Previous experience in taking technical ownership over big products and driving architectural decisions.
- Previous experience in driving new processes and automation in the scaling engineering team.
- Profound production experience with React.js (3+ years)
- Experience in building and delivering complex SPA to the production
- Experience in building real-time applications
- Experience with any major UI Library (Ant Design is a plus)
- Experience in building high-loaded Web Applications with thousands of active users.
- Previous experience with startups or large enterprise companies (to understand the processes and nuances of rolling out technologies)
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and agile processes.
- You have a “never-stop-learning” attitude and a desire to develop and grow
- Advanced English language skills (both verbal and written) are required to be successful in this role.
- Comprehensive Life Assurance & Private Healthcare insurance package for you and your family (Muang Thai Life).
- Flexible working hours, Possibility to work from home or from our gorgeous HQs.
- Unlimited paid vacation days.
- Travel perks from AirAsia, Opportunities to work from all other offices around the world.
- Free breakfast daily & Company lunch 2x a week, Monthly team outings, Happy hours, and regular company bonding activities.
- MAC/Windows high-quality equipment, Free English and Thai language classes.
- Virgin Active gym discounts, Free Thai massage in the office, Employee Assistance Program (Amity Mind).
- Visibility of your results and direct impact on the product.
- A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard.
- Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making Amity an awesome place to work!