Местоположение и тип занятости
DICE is the world’s most-loved discovery and ticketing platform for live shows and live streams, delivering exclusive, high quality entertainment to fans across the world.
We connect fans and creators with our technology, working closely with the best artists, promoters and venues in music and culture. Our partners include Avant Gardner in New York, Primavera Sound in Barcelona, and Pitchfork Festival in Paris.
DICE is a place for people who are ambitious, humble and talented. For those who want to learn at pace and have a true passion for music and culture. Our original HQ is in London, we are building a second HQ in New York, and we have teams in LA, Paris, Barcelona, Milan, Mumbai and Samara.
And now, we’re looking for a Frontend Engineer to join the DICE Product team.
THE ROLE AND TEAM
Once a fan has discovered their next event to go to, they need to have the best experience when it comes to purchasing tickets & attending the event (stream or physically at a venue). It’s the number one reason fans love DICE & an area we continually look to improve. This role will involve building out our web-app to grow our ticketing & streaming products. You and your squad will be responsible for an overall company goal, rather than building a specific feature - you'll have a direct impact on both what we build, and how we build it.
Our web apps are written mostly in React, usually using Redux to manage state. Some of our apps also use Relay/Apollo to communicate with a GraphQL server. We try to stay up to date with the latest React features such as utilizing Hooks and the Context API.
Our code is hosted in GitHub which we use for creating pull requests and carrying out code reviews. Our pipelines are managed by Travis and each commit will build a Docker container. We spin up short term Kubernetes clusters with the new feature branch of the app you are working on and all the other various services so that our QA team can test your new feature in the entire stack. Once passed code gets merged and pushed to the production cluster.
We are always open to making changes and improvements to our workflow and code base for the benefit of the team and product.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Further develop our ticketing and streaming products, so we provide the best experience to fans
- Work on all stages of the development lifecycle to add additional and maintain the existing functionality of our web apps
- Work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Testers, Engineers and Designers to understand requirements, provide technical insights and provide timescale estimations
- Work in an iterative approach, helping design, building and trialing out new concepts quickly to test assumptions and create the best possible service we can
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience as a Frontend engineer using React
- Experience building large scale web applicationsExperience working with CDN and edge caching
- Strong understanding of basic concepts such as accessibility and SEO
- Familiar with browser testing and debugging
- Up-to-date with the technologies and techniques, and a strong understanding of the pros and cons of each, including how and when to apply them
- Familiar with graphql and graphql libraries, i.e. Relay, Apollo, etc. (bonus)
- Experience with web design (bonus)