Are you interested in sharing your expertise in React ecosystem?
International company, based in the US, with 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients as leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
We tend to motivate you to develop a shared component library that will be used on a large variety of products that the client builds. The shared library will be utilized by Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Process Flows Management System (PFMS) created for a large logistics company in the US market with further expansion to the other company modules, as well as the solutions that will be created for the company’s clients. At the same time, you will have a chance to collaborate with the professional design team and implementation teams that will use the shared library for their products.
We are happy to have such expert as you are
As a new team member, working fully remotely from the coziness of your home, you would be responsible for leading the team while developing the latest user-facing features using React.js and building a modern highly responsive web-based user interface. In a friendly environment with the possibility of growing your business and technical skills further along with various certifications and career upgrades, you would be able to have many benefits and a competitive performance-based salary that are waiting for you.
- Actively involved from conception to completion with projects that are technologically sound and aesthetically impressive
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use and translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers and coordinating with various teams working on distinct layers
- Redesigning and rewriting the product functionality, developing features to enhance the user experience, and determining the structure and design of the product
- Evaluating emerging technologies and proposing strategic, innovative, and cost-effective solutions that increase the efficiency, reliability, and integration of the business software
- Developing the shared component library (currently converting our component library from Flow to TypeScript, migrating from version 9 to 10 of styled components or CSS models)
- Helping transition our product from the old UI to ASP.NET and transition the scripts in jQuery+React, which inject components in our legacy UI, to a full SPA application (React ^16.13.x)
- Communicate frontend best practices to the team, enhancing efficiency and performance across the department
(Additional activities & benefits)
- Continuously learning as a front-end developer and improving SPA development and other skills
- Performing code review and improving CI/CD processes and automation
- Participating in bi-weekly inter-team demos via Zoom, sharing results, and receiving input from other teammates
- Working in short 5-day sprints with small batches of clear tasks
Do you have all that it takes?
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- ES6/ES2015 and React.js ^16.13.x
- DOM / HTML5 API, CSS3 and HTML5
- Package managers npm/yarn
- Building SPAs
- Writing tests using Jest + Enzyme
- REST architecture understanding
- Independently implementing product features
- Working in a cross-functional team (Designers, UX researchers, BAs, product managers, and other developers)
- English level: at least an intermediate level
(The following experience will be considered as an advantage)
- Flow and Typescript industry experience
- Latest ECMAScript interest, React and innovations in the world of client-side development.
- Testing-library and its extensions for hooks and React
- You like to introduce new tools, expand ESLint, prettier configurations
- Customization GitLab CI, Docker or webpack
- NGINX configuration knowledge
- Our stack, infrastructure, and tools: TypeScript, Flow, Emotion, React, Babel ^7.10.x, Webpack, Rollup, Yarn
- Jest, Enzyme, Testing-library
- ESLint, prettier, Commitlint, semantic-release
- Git, Jira, Confluence, Gitlab, Docker, K8S.
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in the USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
Our way of working
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation and support of software solutions with modern microservices backends (.NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, RabbitMQ), web front-ends (React, Angular), and mobile development (Swift, Kotlin, Java). Most of the systems are prepared for cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP), and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using Gitlab CI or Teamcity.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in Gitlab or Github are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via JIRA, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with start-ups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
We are a friendly team of 90+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other. Let’s win this Tournament together!
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.